Little Things You Hate

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...But Nah, its a time management thing...
I went back to servicing the cars at home again because I couldn't waste the time of taking them across town to the dealer. I worked out it took about an hour each way (although I did get a ride in there and back). I can do an ordinary service involving oil and filter changes (oil, air and fuel filters) with a checklist of about a dozen other items in under an hour. So servicing at home saves me an hour that I can better use to ride some dirt instead of the bikepath too and from the dealer.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I went back to servicing the cars at home again because I couldn't waste the time of taking them across town to the dealer. I worked out it took about an hour each way (although I did get a ride in there and back). I can do an ordinary service involving oil and filter changes (oil, air and fuel filters) with a checklist of about a dozen other items in under an hour. So servicing at home saves me an hour that I can better use to ride some dirt instead of the bikepath too and from the dealer.
Thats my theory too. That and the fact that I have often had to do the work again anyway due to something being broken or not done properly...

I'm doing it on our brand new car and winging it on warranty with no service book stamps - doing it myself is still safer and cheaper and easier and less likely to result in shit going wrong.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
massive email chains of no relevance to me, then expecting me to pick up the one reference on the 4th page of mail #872 on the topic that I was meant to answer. If I don't need to know or do anything, don't include me.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thats my theory too. That and the fact that I have often had to do the work again anyway due to something being broken or not done properly...

I'm doing it on our brand new car and winging it on warranty with no service book stamps - doing it myself is still safer and cheaper and easier and less likely to result in shit going wrong.
No, that's because you're a tight arse and go to shit shops.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Dealers have burnt me most on warranty work on new cars... Non dealer work might be fine, but its still less time out of my life to do servicing myself.
Find a good independent and go there. Dont fuck it all up trying to be a hero.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you saying you don’t wear socks with pluggers too?
Only with my sandals.

I'd like to send out a big "fuck you" to pintrest and the people that use that site. One of my friends sent me a "check this out" text plus link. Next minute the cunt of a site has automatically created am account for me from my email and shot me a million "we are so glad you signed up" emails...well it's all resolved now that I've jumped through the firey rings.

Also a big fuck you to real estate agents. I've had a cunt of a day the last 2 days at work. Had a couple of big functions and was asked to keep my phone handy (which I dislike when I'm pretending to care about customers). The fucking thing has been going off with these useless arseholes trying to drum up business and they leave the most daft voicemail. I can't decide between leading them on, calling back and reminding them of how little I think of them, or just ignoring the whole thing. I suspect I will go with the last option.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Find a good independent and go there. Dont fuck it all up trying to be a hero.
My “not fucking it up” strike rate is pretty decent. My “huh, so that’s how you don’t do it, get it right second time round” rate even better!

Better than the dealers so far and better than the few independents I once tried - and I put some effort into making sure they’d not be shonky...

Meh, if it’s something I’ve not done before it usually just means it’s an excuse to buy another tool :)

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Only with my sandals.Also a big fuck you to real estate agents. I've had a cunt of a day the last 2 days at work. Had a couple of big functions and was asked to keep my phone handy (which I dislike when I'm pretending to care about customers). The fucking thing has been going off with these useless arseholes trying to drum up business and they leave the most daft voicemail. I can't decide between leading them on, calling back and reminding them of how little I think of them, or just ignoring the whole thing. I suspect I will go with the last option.
Don't you get one of those personally signed letters every month stating that Christine, Angela, Tom, Dick & Harry want to buy your home ?