What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode Mansfield Rifle Butts Reserve today. Very nice, a really nice bit of bush, with a great aspect and views. Rocky in spots, but not too knarly. It’s pretty small so did a couple of laps of the main loop, with excursions onto most of the extras. Enjoyed the riding, but the day was fantastic and just being there was even better. The post ride beer didn’t trip the breatho leaving town.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
High speed pedal strike on a non rocky flowy(ish) trail at stromlo, ate shit hard... Didn’t account for compression properly through a fast dip and caught a high point of the track. Might bump up the rear shock pressure a bit!!

Had a small stick literally embedded in my lip I had to pull harder than I liked to get out, and am brewing an arse bruise Moorey would be proud of. I promise there will be no pictures.
Ouch, real faceplant eh. Healing vibes and all that heeby jeeby shit :)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Players please remember to replace your divots.

@Haakon - what did your partner say about the new facial piercing? does it look like a really odd shaving cut at work this morning?
I left the divot as a warning to others :)

It was only a little stick, she just said I was an idiot and bandaged up my hip. I’m sure she was sympathetic on the inside...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It's a little section of trail I've always struggled to find my rhythm on, and I've ridden it so many times.

Sometimes I've wondered if it's because I'll usually stop for a drink at the Willo memorial just beforehand, and that pops me out of 'the zone' briefly.

But then when you get to bigger cleaner berms straight afterwards suddenly everything clicks again.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's a little section of trail I've always struggled to find my rhythm on, and I've ridden it so many times.

Sometimes I've wondered if it's because I'll usually stop for a drink at the Willo memorial just beforehand, and that pops me out of 'the zone' briefly.

But then when you get to bigger cleaner berms straight afterwards suddenly everything clicks again.
I love it, one of my faves. Nice to have a breather beforehand too, almost always run into someone at Wombat Junction. Chased and caught a dude through there the other week. Lots of line choices before the berms that can help with holding speed.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The second half is amazing fun, I just need to find some speed through the tighter and rougher early section.

herbman

Likes Dirt
Gutted an old X9 3 speed shifter and turned into a dropper remote for for the Rocky Mountain. Was happy with the stock thumb remote that came with the KS dropper when I had them on both bikes, but as was starting to struggle with the when changing between bikes after getting a one up for the big bike.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The second half is amazing fun, I just need to find some speed through the tighter and rougher early section.
Use the whole track width is all I can offer, coming out of a couple of those rough hairpins there's some lines off the middle that let you flow faster. The hairpins themselves, 160mm on the front looks after em pretty well but jeez they get some big braking craters.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Use the whole track width is all I can offer, coming out of a couple of those rough hairpins there's some lines off the middle that let you flow faster. The hairpins themselves, 160mm on the front looks after em pretty well but jeez they get some big braking craters.
I've got 130mm out front, so I'm a gonna blame that :D

Haakon

Keeps on digging
There’s a couple of “short cuts” I’m not sure are advisable too... Such as that gap jump thing that looks like someone has been keen enough to hit it. It’s gonna be some time before (if ever...) I’m game enough for that.

But good god damn those high speed berms are great! Feel the G forces!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I've got 130mm out front, so I'm a gonna blame that :D
Totally fair call. @Haakon that gap looks so sketchy and I'm not hitting it gong that fast but there's a few bits where you don't cut the corner as such but just get on the outside/inside of the track instead of just following the middle line