Can I cut off my battery box USB cable?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've bought this battery box to try with my bicycle light. I don't want the USB plug so I can I just cut it off without affecting the box?

Attachments

DMan

I've got heaps of back up power supplies. It's just another cable dangling...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes you can, but if there's batteries in there snip the positive and ground wires in the cable sheathing separately, otherwise you'll short-circuit the box.

If no power source/batteries, go for it.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yes you can, but if there's batteries in there snip the positive and ground wires in the cable sheathing separately, otherwise you'll short-circuit the box.

If no power source/batteries, go for it.
The correct answer... and stagger your snips, plus use some tape so they can't short out later.

DMan

The correct answer... and stagger your snips, plus use some tape so they can't short out later.
All done. Used it yesterday and it's great. No flickering or dropping out from batteries moving. Gives me 10200maH now

Flow-Rider

Burner
All done. Used it yesterday and it's great. No flickering or dropping out from batteries moving. Gives me 10200maH now
What's the night rides like at Stanthorpe at this time of year, ? I would assume it's like standing in a freezer on a cold day.

DMan

What's the night rides like at Stanthorpe at this time of year, ? I would assume it's like standing in a freezer on a cold day.
Last night was freezing. By mid ride it was -1c. I couldn't feel my toes by the time we got home. Want to join us for one? :)

herbman

Likes Dirt
Last night was freezing. By mid ride it was -1c. I couldn't feel my toes by the time we got home. Want to join us for one? :)
If you have a bigger pair of riding shoes, try them and try to remember to wiggle your toes. It will keep your feet warmer

DMan

If you have a bigger pair of riding shoes, try them and try to remember to wiggle your toes. It will keep your feet warmer
They are quite big. I'm thinking 2 pairs of socks. My compression socks aren't very thick

herbman

Likes Dirt
They are quite big. I'm thinking 2 pairs of socks. My compression socks aren't very thick
We were out at day break in derby this morning. -2/-3 frost. And I just had a pair of good pair of wool shocks on. But the can’t be to thick as you need to be able to move toes and keep the blood flowing to your feet and toes

DMan

We were out at day break in derby this morning. -2/-3 frost. And I just had a pair of good pair of wool shocks on. But the can’t be to thick as you need to be able to move toes and keep the blood flowing to your feet and toes
I bought a few of the heat packs you can put in your shoes from Bunnings. $1 each. You stick them to your socks. My wife rode with those and although they aren't hot they just keep your toes from freezing she reckons. Might try those

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Wind chill is an issue. Vast differences in air flow through different shoes

Go the full roadie booties if you’re wearing convertible cars

I have one pair of shimano shoes that are as warm as thongs, another pair are like gumboots