STOLEN Vic 3121 Richmond - 2016 Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL 29er Carbon Hardtail

RoscoeP

Likes Bikes
Some drug addled low life stole my 2016 Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL from my shed this morning - I was barely out of the house for 1 hour and came back to find the side gate broken into and the bike gone - broad daylight between 8:30 and 9:30 am.

I hope the fucker O/D's on the proceeds - probably soon to be used in the new safe injecting facility near here.

Pretty distinctive specs, particularly the oval chainring-SRAM XX1 crank combo and 180 mm front rotor so if anyone sees it pop up online or on the trails do let me know.

Cheers,

Ross.

Fork: RockShox SID RL 29 100mm / Maxle Stealth​
Headset: Cane Creek TEN​
Stem: Race Face Turbine 100mm​
Handlebar: Race Face Turbine 720mm​
Grips: Lightweight 30mm Silicone​
Brakes: Shimano XTR M9000 180/160mm​
Shifter: Shimano XTR M9000 / 1x11 Speed​
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9000 / 11 Speed​
Cranks & Chain Ring: SRAM XX1 Q168 175mm / DM 32T Absolute Black Narrow Wide Oval​
Bottom Bracket: Enduro Press Fit​
Cassette: Shimano XTR M9000 11-40T / 11 Speed​
Chain: Shimano XTR HG901 / 11 Speed​
Front Hub: Shimano XT (Center Lock) / 15x100mm Axle​
Rear Hub: Shimano XT (Center Lock) / 12x142mm Axle​
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition / Alloy Nipples​
Rims: Sun Ringle Inferno 23​
Tires: Maxxis Ardent Race 29x2.2” (F) / Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2” (R) – Tubeless​
Seatpost: Ritchey Superlogic Carbon 27.2 x 350mm​
Saddle: Rocky Mountain XC Light​
Pedals: Shimano SPD XTR M985​

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutted for you.

I was listening on AM Radio this morning how government policymakers are trumpeting the results in terms of better outcomes for those taking the drugs, but conveniently sped past the fact that crime has increased in the area as if that's an acceptable price to pay.

It's especially vexing as those making the policy don't have to live with the result day in and out.

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
That sucks, bloody scumbags!!

This year my work has moved into a building directly opposite the Salvos store on Victoria St North Richmond from our old office in Fitzroy. It's been an eye opening experience to literally see discarded syringes everywhere and witness at least one person shooting up as I walk to and from my car.

I sit on the second floor next to a window looking down at Vic St all day so I'll keep an eye out for the bike.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really sucks mate, hope you get it back.
Seems like there has been a big rise in bike thefts lately.

RoscoeP

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the support guys - I've listed on Bike Vault and have a few alerts now set up on Gumtree etc. Pricks.

Shredden

Knows his goats
I'm baffled as to where all these stolen bikes end up. It seems kinda rare that they get recovered, but I don't understand how these (presumably just junkies) manage to make them disappear so effectively while still making money on them. I'd love to set up a bait bike with a hidden GPS tracker in the seattube just to see where it ends up...

Best of luck getting the bike back, I'll keep my eyes peeled around Melbourne.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Cash Converters and other pawn shops in the area and surrounding suburbs could be worth a look, or ring them.
Also facebook marketplace

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I'm baffled as to where all these stolen bikes end up. It seems kinda rare that they get recovered, but I don't understand how these (presumably just junkies) manage to make them disappear so effectively while still making money on them. I'd love to set up a bait bike with a hidden GPS tracker in the seattube just to see where it ends up...

Best of luck getting the bike back, I'll keep my eyes peeled around Melbourne.
i am baffled also, a local guy in widened had his kids cheap mtb stolen, the kids way of getting to school

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I live opposite a drug dealer and his back yard gets raided very regularly, you wouldn't believe the shit that I see coming out of there.
Apparently you can trade stolen goods for drugs