The You Yangs Thread

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Was there an incident that prompted the change on Cressy?
That would be the at least one severe head-on collision on Cressy. Perhaps Parks Vic got sued, I don't know the particulars, but apparently the collision(s) happened, and that is apparently what prompted the change to Down-only.

teK--

Eats Squid
Yet they still carry on with the "riders going up have right of way".

Geelong MTB have a race weekend, there's notices everywhere saying stay away etc. Can see who gets preference there....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Yeah that is the most bs rule ever... Totally lacks common sense.

I always yield to anyone descending.

moorey

call me Mia
That would be the at least one severe head-on collision on Cressy. Perhaps Parks Vic got sued, I don't know the particulars, but apparently the collision(s) happened, and that is apparently what prompted the change to Down-only.
Plow into climbing roadies on lactic. Got it.

trav

Likes Dirt
There was never any reported head on collisions to PV on Cressy or any other trail ,who ever told you that is simply wrong..

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
There was never any reported head on collisions to PV on Cressy or any other trail ,who ever told you that is simply wrong..
So is making Lactic one way on the agenda @trav? Even if only on the weekend at the high volume times?

teK--

Eats Squid
So is making Lactic one way on the agenda @trav? Even if only on the weekend at the high volume times?
Climbing permitted 7pm to 7am.

Descending only 7am to 7pm.

Public holidays excepted (no climbing permitted).

A 1 hour transition period is permitted between the two periods whereby it's free for all, riders and hikers , dog walkers and mothers with prams.

wkkie

Climbing permitted 7pm to 7am.

Descending only 7am to 7pm.

Public holidays excepted (no climbing permitted).

A 1 hour transition period is permitted between the two periods whereby it's free for all, riders and hikers , dog walkers and mothers with prams.
Sounds fair, but don't you give ebikes a go in your free for all??

wkkie

I hit up the Youies today, the Kurungang side. It's held up pretty well, only really 1 very boggy area which was on trail 16 near the fire road where it joins 15.

Some small little trees down too, but nothing major.

One question, which I'm not sure anyone can actually answer... Why don't Parks maintain the internal road and car parks?

I have never seen any drainage works to any of the roads or car parks anywhere out there and they're really turning to crap. In a couple of weeks it'll be 4wd access only I'd say.

And if the great circle drive stays closed, can I make a suggestion @trav? Turn it into an A-line esque trail! Just leave enough room for the shuttle bus to squeeze through.

That road is rubbish and just wasted as is...

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I hit up the Youies today, the Kurungang side. It's held up pretty well, only really 1 very boggy area which was on trail 16 near the fire road where it joins 15.

Some small little trees down too, but nothing major.

One question, which I'm not sure anyone can actually answer... Why don't Parks maintain the internal road and car parks?

I have never seen any drainage works to any of the roads or car parks anywhere out there and they're really turning to crap. In a couple of weeks it'll be 4wd access only I'd say.

And if the great circle drive stays closed, can I make a suggestion @trav? Turn it into an A-line esque trail! Just leave enough room for the shuttle bus to squeeze through.

That road is rubbish and just wasted as is...
My question is, why are you chosing to ride the Kurrajong side?