Avid Brake Hose Angle Adaptor

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hope do a 90 degree connector. If the thread matches the lever body could it be used to convert to match the Shimano levers above?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Who’s a new contributor now?
View attachment 355318
I’m offering a good, solution, I reckon.
If desperate to run a dot fluid brake, fair enough. I’m just not seeing any other good solutions popping up.
You ok bro? Where on the doll did the grammar nazi hurt you?
*cobtributor. If your gonna quoth me atleast spell how I did aye champ.

moorey

call me Mia
Hope do a 90 degree connector. If the thread matches the lever body could it be used to convert to match the Shimano levers above?

Poor Dorothy
Yep. Her AND Toto.
If you were interested in the Shimano option, and found some of the banjo style older levers, I’ve got a couple of cheap Deore caliper I got off @mas2 the other day, and will have some spare hoses I reckon.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

That's promising, cheers I'll look into it. Jagwire also appear to do alternative fittings for hose ends, they have the banjo, just need the banjo bolt to match.

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yep. Her AND Toto.
If you were interested in the Shimano option, and found some of the banjo style older levers, I’ve got a couple of cheap Deore caliper I got off @mas2 the other day, and will have some spare hoses I reckon.
Cheers, I am a SRAM tragic but if nothing else eventuates I'll be in touch. Only concern with the older stopppers would be heat dissipation, we do some steep and long descents with loaded bikes and the brake fade be real.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Interested in this.
I'm in process of designing/3-D printing a 'hood' to convert MTB discs to road /CX/ style levers for hydraulic S/S rig. Saw something similar in a video a while back (from 2.20).
Martyn Ashton C59 set up

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between brake hoses/banjo fittings for Sram Guides and new Codes?
I am trying to buy some new brake lines for some guide S4 calipers and there are 2 different types... one for S4 calipers (silver banjo) and one called "monoblock line" (black banjo) to fit guide ultimate and codes... The monoblock looks the same, just with a lower profile banjo bolt.
Can i use the "monoblock line" with black banjo on my black S4 calipers??

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know if the fit an avid/sram brake line, and if I buy the jagwire line kit and adaptor it's $20 more than the sram one.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Only solution I see here is custom.

Alligator Cables in Taiwan make 5.5mm brake line kits, inc banjos with compression nuts so you can make your own custom brake lines

1. Make a 1” long banjo fitting to flare line for lever.
  2. New cables from callipers, with banjo or flare at calliper end depending on version of guides. Banjo at our new banjo to banjo junction.
  3. Dome Nut and washer and O-Ring on banjo bolt. O-Rings both sides.

Let me know if this is as clear as mud and I can draw up

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Would something like this work?

Exactly what I was looking at but they don't have an M8 x 0.75 pitch banjo bolt to screw into the leer body.

Let me know if this is as clear as mud and I can draw up
I thought that the SRAM hoses and fittings were 5.1mm, I suppose that the additional 0.4mm of the alligator ones won't make a difference so long as I don't mix and match between the two.