Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
That RUF video reminds me how hard those era Porsches were to drive, particularly as the HP outputs went up. Cars have come a long way.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
A classic Ruf CTR (the one in this video
) should set you back less than $600,000 dependant on condition.

There's a good reason why Ruf has the street cred. They have been way further down the rabbit hole for a lot longer than everyone else.
Not really a fair comparison, new vs used. The Singer is essentially a new car.

A Ruf SCR which is a similar concept to the Singer starts at 650,000 Euro.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I just said it wasn't worth $800,000 when you could get a Ruf CTR for less.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
It's obviously not an entirely rational purchase - it's bought with heart strings, not head strings.
People might look at one of your boutique bikes & say why? For half the money I can get a mtn bike elsewhere that performs the same.
(don't get me wrong, I dig your bikes)

It's worth mentioning that Singer has "levels" of modification. We see all the high end ultra spendy ones on social media etc because that's what maintains the wow factor. There are lesser Singer cars being built for less moolah that are closer to the original 911 but still absolutely sensational.

Flow-Rider

Burner
No true car enthusiast would mangle an irreplaceable classic like that, some people might think it's Kool but in my opinion and many collectors it's not.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That RUF video reminds me how hard those era Porsches were to drive, particularly as the HP outputs went up. Cars have come a long way.
Not just that era. Inertia will have its way regardless of the technology and engineering trying to stop it. Ask me how I know.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
A classic Ruf CTR (the one in this video
) should set you back less than $600,000 dependant on condition.

There's a good reason why Ruf has the street cred. They have been way further down the rabbit hole for a lot longer than everyone else.

RUF have never done it for me. They're fast, no doubt, but always struck me as a little agricultural handling wise.

In the end, if you are in the position to spend $600K on a car, $200K more ain't making a whole lot of difference. I'll never be in that position but would take a Singer over a RUF in a heartbeat.

One man's trash as the saying goes.....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
RUF have never done it for me. They're fast, no doubt, but always struck me as a little agricultural handling wise.

In the end, if you are in the position to spend $600K on a car, $200K more ain't making a whole lot of difference. I'll never be in that position but would take a Singer over a RUF in a heartbeat.

One man's trash as the saying goes.....
I've never seen a Singer but sat in a Ruf BTR 2 and that thing was like a starship from another galaxy.

It was probably the quickest car in Taiwan at the time, although the same nutjob who owned it had a full house Tommy Kaira R33 GTR, so maybe not.

$200k is a Panamera, Macan or a lot of track days so its not an insignificant amount.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Singer stuff is cool. If I had endless cash I’d have one for sure. They’re not restorations or replicas - they’re tributes.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Oh yeah!

Interesting take on having someone watching what happens at the bucket in a bang-bang machine...this one is so quiet the operator can hear what they are touching.