Little Things You Hate

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Today is turning into a right shit affair.

Just re-tore the hip flexor that I did a few weeks ago...fuckitty.

Not a big deal when reading the post above, mine kinda pails into insignificance and puts everything in perspective.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Car went in for a recall today, some heater element needs replacing. Half way home get a warning to pull over and check coolant. No coolant, and coolant cap is sitting on top of the engine. How careless can you be to not even check with a quick once over?

Edit : And its started raining as i wait for roadside assist. And im missing the eels playing well. And they say they'll likely have to tow it and no loaner car until monday. Great end to the week.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Car went in for a recall today, some heater element needs replacing. Half way home get a warning to pull over and check coolant. No coolant, and coolant cap is sitting on top of the engine. How careless can you be to not even check with a quick once over?
Its cooked as.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

Edit : And its started raining as i wait for roadside assist. And im missing the eels playing well. And they say they'll likely have to tow it and no loaner car until monday. Great end to the week.
*insert the usual comment about dealer work standards here.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Aye, cooked. The old no coolant no temp warning conundrum.

Mate had his Mk1 MX5 serviced at a genuwhine Mazda service McCentre.

When he left, the brake pedal sank to the floor, oops - sorry a rear brake pad "fell out" all good now.

Fuck me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Tubby, didn’t they tell you, new air cooled model.

Sorry to hear. Insist on a new engine, no repairs to this one. It’s fucked. Go to absolute town on the service manager if you have to.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Roadside guy topped it with water and said drive home but stop of temp goes up and get a coolant flush on monday. Got home ok anyway

Looks like pink coolant was splashed about so there was sone there and i got off the road about 1 block after the warning.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Roadside guy topped it with water and said drive home but stop of temp goes up and get a coolant flush on monday. Got home ok anyway

Looks like pink coolant was splashed about so there was sone there and i got off the road about 1 block after the warning.
How much warranty left on it? Get something in writing from the dealer acknowledging it had overheated and why - engine might be mostly fine but glazed bores or rings with tension effected might mean it starts using oil.

Or it might be fine.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much warranty left on it? Get something in writing from the dealer acknowledging it had overheated and why - engine might be mostly fine but glazed bores or rings with tension effected might mean it starts using oil.

Or it might be fine.
Its an 8 year old audi so well out of warranty. Only 60k kms on it though.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well thats gone well. Same warning on startup today, its empty again and a puddle underneath plus whatever is in the catch tray. Who knows what they didnt tighten or attach at all.

Thankfully the charge commuter still got me out to the gym to work it off.. Ol faithful, except the time the chain exploded on my way to the hospital with my bucket of cytotoxic waste.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Well thats gone well. Same warning on startup today, its empty again and a puddle underneath plus whatever is in the catch tray. Who knows what they didnt tighten or attach at all.

Thankfully the charge commuter still got me out to the gym to work it off.. Ol faithful, except the time the chain exploded on my way to the hospital with my bucket of cytotoxic waste.
Shit... Could be a bunch of things, blown water pump seals (run dry), cracked head and all sorts of ugly options... If you’re really lucky it’s cracked open a plastic part (thermostat housing or a heater hose junction etc) and it’s just parts replacement.

But either way the dealer will be collecting it, giving you a rental and calling you when it’s fixed. And I’m tipping an apprentice will be having a new one ripped...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
LTiH - Telstra breaking something and killing my perfectly fine ADSL connection and refusing to fix it - forcing me into a nbn plan I don’t need or want.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
is it a temp light or a coolant low light that is coming up?
if its a temp light coming up on startup, that can't be a good thing!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is it a temp light or a coolant low light that is coming up?
if its a temp light coming up on startup, that can't be a good thing!
Warning said turn off engine and check coolant. Last night when that came on the trmp guage qas maybe 1/3 of the way between its normal position and the red line.

The worksheet says perform recall notice xyz, replace heater element and test plan ok. I'm guessing they didnt clamp a hose but i have no real knowledge. Their rep. Called today and i asked if i could use Audi parramatta as its mich closer most days, gave me one nunber which hung up after one ring. Websites number went through to service where it rung out.