What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Out for a ride, in the actual sunshine!

Beefy was loving it, despite one offspring having a mild asthma episode

But then disaster struck! Started getting a bit more confident and tried a little whip, heard a bit of a bang and found I'd somehow distorted the rear tyre. Obviously need to learn to ride hardtail because this is a first for me. Bummer, really liked that Minion SS too

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We did a lap of Lysty this morning, which was good... then afterwards my middle daughter and her boyfriend said they were keen for a ride... I said all righty then. We just urbaned to the local and had some fun. Sue bought the whippets, so they ran with us for a bit too.

o they ran

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Pushy's carpark sale was on Saturday so Dave and I went, always a little underhwhelming because generally large boxes of generic shit being offloaded, the rest is like 20% off which you can negotiate on most days at most bike shops, but just don't try to get Pushy's physical Canberra store to match the online prices.
Told a couple of people carrying POC helmets that they were $20 cheaper at pushy's online and they should ask for a price match, which apparently they got.

I guess $7 socks are OK but everything else out the front seemed like uninspiring crap.

Maxxis tyres for $50 were OK, think I got the last 2.5" DD at 11AM Saturday tho. 661 Reset for $70 seemed a LOTbetter than anywhere online, as long as you didn't want a medium. Now the whole family own FF lids.

Went to the Lazer booth, noticed they had a 30% off sign, prices on tags looked like full price at every online store not currently discounting them - and same as at the last carpark sale where no 30% off sign was present. Asked to confirm it was 30% off the tag price, was unamued to hear the tag was the discounted price. Showed them MTBDirect pricing which was 30% off the tag price, and got fed a stream of BS. XT brakesets next door for $200 seemed OK (better than Merlin) - pity I didnt need any.

2019 Bikes out the back finally got prices to match clearance prices interstate. Perhaps they give you the price outside of the carpark sale if you haggle?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a ride up and down an trail cut by dirt bikes. Bit more of a "fall line" trail going down and a steep super technical climb going up. Mate I was with put a monster hole in his rear tyre on a rock that was too big for plugs. Tubed it and kept going. Ended up puncturing that tube too and luckily we had another and we could keep going.

On the descent I hit a massive g-out through a creek at full tilt and I felt it though my ankles. Thought I'd broken my bike I bottomed out so hard. Didn't think much of it until later that night when my ankle swelled up. Turns out I somehow sprained my ankle without crashing, that sucks. Now I've got the rest of the weekend without being able to ride

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Took the 29er out to Eumeralla for a big one. Had to cut it short because the rain was coming in. Sprinting back to the car park along the top fire road (Track 1), experienced chain suck so bad my chain came off. Had to use a tree as a makeshift work stand to get it back on. If not for that, I would have beat the rain. Ended up getting a little damp, but I had dry clothes waiting in the car.

Examined the bike when I got home. Turns out I may have munted another freehub. This will be the second one this year, both on the same bike. Not happy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Messed around at Appin. A great trail but newbies need a tour guide. It has changed a lot since I been here last. I have tweaked my rear derailleur on a branch..... Grumble..... Grumble.... Gears skipping.

Appin pie time now.
Screenshot_20190928-113901.jpg
DSC_2503.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Put in the new Uber bike brake pads @northvanguy sent me. Gave them a test run at O'hallorans. Man they got some stopping power.

Absolutely shit all over the finned Shimmy resin front, and Nukeproof whatever it was rear, that I pulled out.

I don't have much experience with different brake pads and their relative merits, but after bedding in, and blazing down at my local, these get from me.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Can people please stop stopping on the bloody covered bridge at the top of Luge at Stromlo...?! It’s fucking annoying and really stupid.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Can people please stop stopping on the bloody covered bridge at the top of Luge at Stromlo...?! It’s fucking annoying and really stupid.
I guess its because you've got 4 trails (2 downhill, vapour and skyline) meeting there and then splitting into 3 after. Its kinda natural to see which faster riders might be now behind you, or wait for people you're riding with to show which way to go down. I take it as a given to slow down for that point and then drop into next part of the trail once its clear. I guess if you mean people blocking the way whilst having a chat, thats another thing.