What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Just finished building this for a mate, 2013(?) Santa Cruz tallboy LT.

He found most of it under the house of a customer, who'd upgraded to carbon and thought this was more or less rubbish. I added xt brakes, ccdb il shock, ks dropper, NX 11 speed driveline, raceface cranks, and new seat/pedals/tyres/rotors. The rest, Stan's crest on pro2 Evo, renthal fatbars lite, hope headset, fox 34 ctd all came with it. All up it's set him back about $1100, absolute ripper of a bike for that money!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Just finished building this for a mate, 2013(?) Santa Cruz tallboy LT.

He found most of it under the house of a customer, who'd upgraded to carbon and thought this was more or less rubbish. I added xt brakes, ccdb il shock, ks dropper, NX 11 speed driveline, raceface cranks, and new seat/pedals/tyres/rotors. The rest, Stan's crest on pro2 Evo, renthal fatbars lite, hope headset, fox 34 ctd all came with it. All up it's set him back about $1100, absolute ripper of a bike for that money!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
what else is under the house?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went back out to Eumeralla yesterday and did a run down what I thought was Footy Ground DH but wasn't, then a run down Footy Ground DH (stopping to remove a tree that had come down across the trail), as well as a couple of laps of Lust For Life (aka my new favourite trail). That climb back up puts hairs on your chest, I tell you what!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Ah the joys of setting up a coil. Been testing out different springs and today was the first local ride on the 500lb spring that felt so good at Greenvalleys. Felt waaaay too harsh today on the rocky, rooty chunder. Was OK on the high speed chatter, but once things slowed down and got chunky it felt awful. Last Sunday I used a 450lb spring which felt OK, but tomorrow will try a 400 and see how I go and if I get any bottom outs.

Another potential reason the 500 felt so different is that today was that it was the first ride on the RCT shock (off a Nomad), whereas previously I was on the RT (off another Meta AM). Possibly different tunes on the shocks, specific to the bikes they came off??

Interesting to note the differences in piggybacks between the two shocks.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Ah the joys of setting up a coil. Been testing out different springs and today was the first local ride on the 500lb spring that felt so good at Greenvalleys. Felt waaaay too harsh today on the rocky, rooty chunder. Was OK on the high speed chatter, but once things slowed down and got chunky it felt awful. Last Sunday I used a 450lb spring which felt OK, but tomorrow will try a 400 and see how I go and if I get any bottom outs.

Another potential reason the 500 felt so different is that today was that it was the first ride on the RCT shock (off a Nomad), whereas previously I was on the RT (off another Meta AM). Possibly different tunes on the shocks, specific to the bikes they came off??

Interesting to note the differences in piggybacks between the two shocks.
Should have the tune on the body of the shocks ie MM, LL.
Does the right one also have LSC dial?
The piggyback sizes with the deluxe coil gets bigger with the more 'DH' models. The one on my WC SD Coil is pretty long.
The extra size most likely translates to zero noticable difference in 99% of users o_O

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Should have the tune on the body of the shocks ie MM, LL.
Does the right one also have LSC dial?
The piggyback sizes with the deluxe coil gets bigger with the more 'DH' models. The one on my WC SD Coil is pretty long.
The extra size most likely translates to zero noticable different in 99% of users o_O
Ah, will look a bit closer. Don't recall seeing anything other than the model IDs. The right one has no LSC. Just remote lockout and rebound. Left one has the LSC.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Ah, will look a bit closer. Don't recall seeing anything other than the model IDs. The right one has no LSC. Just remote lockout and rebound. Left one has the LSC.
Ah awesome. Might be worth waiting for the 3pos lever one to come up secondhand? Those also have LSC and Rebound.

Tune should be right under the ID

BT180

Max Pfaff
Thanks! Will check it out this evening. Not sure if I need the 3 pos lever? Left the shock fully open on a serious climb today. Not sure i'll use the lockout very often. Meta climbs so well fully open

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Bugger all happening at work so made a "go/no go gauge" for my rear shock for when I CBF getting the shock pump out and also to check easily if I've used full travel. Like I said bored at work.

Straight side is 50mm (full travel), either side of the cutout is 16 and 17mm which is my happy sag range (2018 Smuggler)

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Perfect Spring morning testing out springs! The 400lb felt plush AF. Sag felt on par with the air setup I was running and I didn't bottom out either. Will run this for a while on a variety of trails and see how it performs. Problem is that if it's the one, i'll need to get the red version. :D

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Now they are not really required, I bought a couple of Azur deluxe 2000 lumen lights, from Velogear.

I hope they do the job, but figured for just over $150 for the pair, they are worth risking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk