Box 9 E-mtb groupset

nexusfish

El Mariachi
Gday Folks, I was thinking about picking up one of those 9speed groupsets form box. It will be going on my enduro bike which spends a lot of time in wet conditions.

Does anyone know if the teeth and chain are wider than the 11 speed stuff? If its built like the old 9 speed stuff, im keen as my old gear back in the day lasted so much longer than the modern 11s stuff. I dont need the steps of the 11 for my enduro as I really only ride up to ride down, dont use it as a general riding bike.

Cheers!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
As far as I know it uses the standard 9 speed chains so should be pretty robust

gillyske

Likes Dirt
That 650gram cassette tho...

As the previous owner of a NX Eagle cassette that was like.. 620 grams. It makes a surprising difference to the quality of your ride to have a cassette that weighs something more normal in the sub 400g range.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Cheaper one looks like Sunrace but and relatively expensive + heavy as.
Now I know this sounds wacky but I just went 11-40 but used 2 NW rings at the front 26 for going up and 34 for down works well I just lift the chain across at the bottom or top of the hill.
Wont work with a direct mount crank though .

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Cheaper one looks like Sunrace but and relatively expensive + heavy as.
Now I know this sounds wacky but I just went 11-40 but used 2 NW rings at the front 26 for going up and 34 for down works well I just lift the chain across at the bottom or top of the hill.
Wont work with a direct mount crank though .
You need this thing called a front derailleur. Shimano used to be very good at making them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
You need this thing called a front derailleur. Shimano used to be very good at making them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
its only a matter of time before front derailleurs are claimed as the greatest new innovation in MTB...like coil springs atm...