Is Angus Taylor one of the worst current politicians ?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My bias is a desire for a fair and compassionate society with institutions, policies, programs and infrastructure which benefit The People of Australia, rather than give a free ride to corporations who don't give a flying fuck about the environment, a sustainable economy, let alone the future of this country. Moreover, a free press with the protections afforded to them (just as in the UK and the USA) to enable them to do their job and root out scandal and corruption wherever it occurs in government, the judiciary, and corporations. Transparency in Government, Legal and Corporate spheres is mandatory for a fair and just society.
When in gov the spotlight is on their party more so than the opposition. I totally agree this liberal gov has plenty of high profile self serving fktards. But they ain’t all terrible. If labor was in gov they would be put under the same scrutiny and you find the same grubby self serving turds just wearing red rather than blue. Some of the labor policies in the last election were atrocious, clearly sculpted by lobbyists to suit their donated views. As was the same with the liberal party..
As much as it would suck for us, I think all political donations should be banned. The tax payer should give each of the parties capped at $x and then the representatives we elect will be accountable to only Australian citizens and no other infulence (hopefully)..

mtb1611

Seymour
The "conservative" arm far up your backside seems plainly evident. Thankyou for your comments, I'll take them under advisement.

Corruption, bastardry and obscene self interest appear to be endemic to all levels of government in this country. Where there are concentrations of political power, there you will find large concentrations of grubby fuckwits who laugh at the people who vote for them in good faith, hoping that their MP will actually represent them in parliament, rather than a political party that is only interested in getting power, and then hanging onto it for grim death.

Are these grubby fuckwits represented in both major political parties? sure.
Are there bigger and grubbier fuckwits in the current liberal government? absolutely.

I'm not focussing on state governments of either stripe, I'm talking about our current FEDERAL government.

My bias is a desire for a fair and compassionate society with institutions, policies, programs and infrastructure which benefit The People of Australia, rather than give a free ride to corporations who don't give a flying fuck about the environment, a sustainable economy, let alone the future of this country. Moreover, a free press with the protections afforded to them (just as in the UK and the USA) to enable them to do their job and root out scandal and corruption wherever it occurs in government, the judiciary, and corporations. Transparency in Government, Legal and Corporate spheres is mandatory for a fair and just society.
What an absolute load of drivel. You've clearly adopted a subjective focus on Liberal's misgiving's whilst blatantly ignoring those of other parties; the context is irrelevant, whether it be local, state or federal - your emotional (yet extremely adult) anal penetration response makes the task of taking you seriously a difficult one. Effectively validates my stance on the absence of objectivity too.

As for bigger and grubbier, what's bigger and grubbier than the sexual abuse of children?

And for the record, I voted Labor at the last Federal election and consider Scomo to be an inept embarrassment of the highest order. Pretty conservative, huh?

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
What an absolute load of drivel. You've clearly adopted a subjective focus on Liberal's misgiving's whilst blatantly ignoring those of other parties; the context is irrelevant, whether it be local, state or federal - your emotional (yet extremely adult) anal penetration response makes the task of taking you seriously a difficult one. Effectively validates my stance on the absence of objectivity too.

As for bigger and grubbier, what's bigger and grubbier than the sexual abuse of children?

And for the record, I voted Labor at the last Federal election and consider Scomo to be an inept embarrassment of the highest order. Pretty conservative, huh?
I'm glad you are offended. wallow in it. get angry, raise your blood pressure, burst some blood vessels. go nuts.

Oh, you voted labor at the last federal election. Good for you! here's a pat on the head and an unwanted campaign t-shirt.

The "i'm offended at something you said, therefore everything you said is irrelevant" tactic doesn't wash at all. do all the gaslighting you like, it doesn't change a thing.

your comment sums up the reason why I very rarely engage in political debate; the likelihood of an objective discussion is, at the very best, remote.
Why are you even 'engaging' at all ? If you want 'objective discussion', playing the child abuse card, when it was not the subject under discussion, is not objective at all, no matter how much you try to distract and argue to the contrary.

It's essentially polarity responding & misdirection.: but what about this other thing? Don't you even care about that? etc etc

While we are at it, Former liberal pm john howard and abbott have been CONVICTED child abuser and child abuse enabler cardinal george pell's biggest champions. but hang on, fuck labor, because some rock spider in NSW was in the labor party.

Also, gaslighting, and complaining about bias - That's a similar kind of tactic used by our current liberal federal government used to hobble the ABC.

Every time the ABC says something critical of the federal government, the howls of bias from the liberals can be heard everywhere.
Their response? cut funding and make sure right wing ultra-conservative commentators get their say for at leasr 50% of the air-time. Then raid the ABC, as a "fuck you" to anyone who steps out of line, while lying about press freedom to the public.

I was focusing on the Federal government (just like the thread title alluded to), you chose to try to draw attention to a state government's failings, and the issue of child abuse.

The failings of the FEDERAL liberal party government matter right now, because they have a (albeit one seat) majority, and the ability to drive their policy agenda.

mtb1611

Seymour
Angry and offended? What makes you think I'm either of those? You're making inferences based upon what? The fact that we have a differing opinion? Now THERE'S some textbook gaslighting. Your use of petty juvenile insults is a fairly resounding indicator of who's a little angry.

I don't recall absolving the Liberal party of being devoid of scumbags, nor making any implication whatsoever that I am pro-Liberal, nor making a 'fuck labor' statement; had you bothered to actually read the post objectively (there's that word again) you'd have realised that from the outset, just as you would've been cognizant of the term 'rarely engage' and its meaning. Complaining about bias and highlighting it are two different beasts, both being more than justified if bias is present; I believe you're adopting a similar tactic.......

I chose to draw attention to the somewhat insular perspective that your initial post implied; it was linked to child abuse incidentally, merely to highlight factual behaviour of a politician, which it ably did. There was no attempt to derail a discussion or divert attention form federal issues, again obvious.

The failings of ALL poorly performing politicians at ALL levels of government matter right now. Restricting it to merely federal politics is folly.