Hope E4 levers/calipers on Shimano hoses

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since this is the Hope Brakes appreciation forum, I thought this would be a good question to ask.
My new bike has XTR 9120 4 piston brakes on it, but I want to swap them for my almost brand new Hope E4's. Can I just buy the hardware, chop the hoses and re-use the XTR hose that is on there? Would save a huge amount of fucking around since I can't find an Australian supplier of Hope hose.
I'll just flush the mineral oil out of the lines and blow with the compressor before installing brake fluid.
Anyone want XTR M9120 brakes? No hoses or rotors.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Since this is the Hope Brakes appreciation forum, I thought this would be a good question to ask.
My new bike has XTR 9120 4 piston brakes on it, but I want to swap them for my almost brand new Hope E4's. Can I just buy the hardware, chop the hoses and re-use the XTR hose that is on there? Would save a huge amount of fucking around since I can't find an Australian supplier of Hope hose.
I'll just flush the mineral oil out of the lines and blow with the compressor before installing brake fluid.
Anyone want XTR M9120 brakes? No hoses or rotors.
Depending on the price I would be interested. I also have a roll of braided brake hose you could have 3 metres of to save cutting the Shimano hoses.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got a braided Hope front hose I’m not using you can have for a couple of dollars. With fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty675

Cable thief
I would also be interested in brakes. Prefer just calipers. So next in line if litenbror doesn't take them.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll also throw my hat into the ring for the brakes. I'll also just take the levers if old mate wants the calipers

No idea on the hose swap thing though sorry.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have had M4's and E4's (and many other hopes).... was a massive Hope fan for many years... are you sure you want to get ride of the Shimano brakes ? I don't own a set of Shimano 4 piston brakes but IMO the regular 2 piston nearly out brake the Hopes.
I now have nearly every set of Shimano brakes, still a few Hopes but they are nowhere near the price and performance of Shimano.

My SC has Sram RSC's... reckon it wont be long till I swap out to Saints.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have had M4's and E4's (and many other hopes).... was a massive Hope fan for many years... are you sure you want to get ride of the Shimano brakes ? I don't own a set of Shimano 4 piston brakes but IMO the regular 2 piston nearly out brake the Hopes.
I now have nearly every set of Shimano brakes, still a few Hopes but they are nowhere near the price and performance of Shimano.

My SC has Sram RSC's... reckon it wont be long till I swap out to Saints.
Pretty much.

Hopes look awesome, and you can say stuff like "look at my sweet ass hopes". But you've paid twice as much for 3/4 of the performance of a set of zees. And dot fluid sucks.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nothing tops Shimano brakes at the moment, they are a lifetime ahead of any others.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love that wandering bite point. Keeps you on your toes.
Yep, that's why they are going. I had m9020 on my last bike and it was only a matter of time until they needed to be re bled to stop this happening. Plus the Hopes are just sitting in the parts box waiting to be used.
I have no idea if these will be the same but I'm so over Shimano brakes.
Pm me if you are keen on the brakes

slowmick

38-39"
What is a wandering bite point? Does this mean the amount of lever movement required changes over time?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Interesting. Is that just the new 4 pot brakes ?
I believe two pot XT and XTR had it the worst? Honestly I never had the issue with old 2pot XT and deores. Like around MY 2015ish. The newer ones had dramas.

The hope V4’s I replaced them with do have shitloads more power compared to the shitmano’s. Haven’t run the sintered pads in them yet either. With how good hope is with spare parts I can’t see me going back any time soon.