2020 Norco Optic C1

moorey

call me Mia
130mm fork will make it closer to 66? We cool with that for a trail bike that someone wants do ride uphill a bit?
Revolver is 67.5. Would need to add 30-40mm of extra A2C to get it to 66. That’s another 15-20mm bb height.
If you want to descend....why put lipstick on a pig.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My LBS and mechanic has seen a few poor performing xtr 12 sp shifters, he has had no trouble with the XTs, so on my recent build I went with the XT, was happy to pay for XTR but after the warning and no shifting issues with my XT shifter, XTR cassette and mech I'm pleased with my choice. It really does shift smoothly under power. Back to back with Sram bikes it is quite amazing, and I have always been a Sram fan.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Revolver is 67.5. Would need to add 30-40mm of extra A2C to get it to 66. That’s another 15-20mm bb height.
If you want to descend....why put lipstick on a pig.
So 66 degrees flat is the magic trail bike number that means climbing and descending is spot on? Not sure old mate is super focused on just decending eh, because that purple vision based fucker descends like a badass.

moorey

call me Mia
So 66 degrees flat is the magic trail bike number that means climbing and descending is spot on? Not sure old mate is super focused on just decending eh, because that purple vision based fucker descends like a badass.
No. But 67.5 revolver isn’t aimed at descending. That’s all I’m saying.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Couple of dudes at work have the green version.
Only shitty part seems to be the stock brakes and rotors... Well and stem/bars/contact points for personalisation.

I kinda really want one.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is the general consensus the new optic is a decending bike rather than an all rounder/climber? If that’s the case why bother with 125mm travel?
Might as well go with 140-160mm and have a proper down bike..

moorey

call me Mia
I don’t know what it is, honestly. It’s like my phantom. Heavy, reasonably slack, short travel bike that’s a lot of fun to ride almost anywhere.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
My LBS and mechanic has seen a few poor performing xtr 12 sp shifters, he has had no trouble with the XTs, so on my recent build I went with the XT, was happy to pay for XTR but after the warning and no shifting issues with my XT shifter, XTR cassette and mech I'm pleased with my choice. It really does shift smoothly under power. Back to back with Sram bikes it is quite amazing, and I have always been a Sram fan.
I specced a XTR shifter with the rest XT on my latest upgrade, no dramas with the shifter. I have heard of issues on the interwebs with the XTR shifters though

moorey

call me Mia
Another personal reflection...I hate descending on a light feeling bike. Just doesn’t feel right. I’d prefer the optic at 13kg, with the stability it offered, than at 11kg.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm my LBS now has both this and the sight in, I'm going to see if I can ride both back to back, I am also really liking the look of the Marin Rift zone, 10mm less front travel perhaps more on the trail side of the ledger, don't think it is super light either though, by all reports really fun to ride. The cheaper (middle) model Optic in an XL is apparently 13.6kg, so 13 doesn't sound far off. Wheels are probably close to 2200g, MM is reasonably heavy, HD decent weight though. With the current spec (other than the seatpost) trimming much more weight looks like a very expensive excercise.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
13kg is 28.6 pounds. This is a great weight for a trail bike!

Anything under 30 pounds is fine...

(Not sure why I need to retreat to imperial to think about these things, probably years of reading Yank MTB mags).