Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Haakon

Keeps on digging

The above 2 links say otherwise,
Anyway, this has turned into a dick swinging contest - we will never come to an agreement on this topic,
There is NO consensus on the science, so we all believe what we want, rightly or wrongly.
Even at work, no-one can agree on climate change.
But Im done commenting on environmental issues here!
Who knows what might happen if I ever catch up with you çlimate change beleivers' on the trail, as i value my 'safety'- joking!
No hard feelings to anyone, but it is a MTB forum, so lets enjoy riding first and foremost. Lets all respect each other, regardles
of opinions.
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2018/06/30-years-after-hansens-testimony/

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Dodgy quasi science is one thing but the I heard it from my mate who heard it from his dog who sniffed the arse of a dog that pissed on the fence of some place where the guy said climate change was bullshit is downright dangerous. Social media doing its best to spread misinformation like vaccines cause mountain biking...

EDIT: I should clarify this...

I copped the whole greens prevented hazard reduction burning thing from an outlaw after Christmas. So I said how did they do that? The response was that a cousin works for QFARs and they heard their boss discussing it with the big boss at the station. So I said tell me how the greens managed this since they are not in power, in fact do not even have an MP or local member in this area. How are the greens running QFARs? Everybody knows the greens stop the back burns. There was an even jucier rumour about QFARs that only Putin and Trump could think was real, or two dogs sniffing arses. Anyway I have met the cousin before at an extended family function and I look forward to our next meeting.

Quiet now. Don’t be revealing the deep state groups of Greens inside the fire services in every state of Australia.

Paul is their leader.

John U

MTB Precision
Home with the kids for school holidays, in Melbourne. My wife has just texted me to make sure all external doors are shut and suggested I block the cracks under the door to stop the air from outside coming in. I haven't seen the sky due to the smoke for 3 days.

The pain and terror of these bushfires cannot be held in a single human heart | First Dog on the Moon https://www.theguardian.com/comment...held-in-a-single-human-heart?CMP=share_btn_tw

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Anyway, this has turned into a dick swinging contest - we will never come to an agreement on this topic,
There is NO consensus on the science, so we all believe what we want, rightly or wrongly.
Who knows what might happen if I ever catch up with you çlimate change beleivers' on the trail, as i value my 'safety'- joking!
No hard feelings to anyone, but it is a MTB forum, so lets enjoy riding first and foremost. Lets all respect each other, regardles
of opinions.
Leaving aside climate change for a moment, this is such a huge problem: that people feel they are entitled to have any sort of opinion and that it is inherently valid. An informed opinion is valid, but just parroting a few lines from sources of misinformation does not mean you have a worthy argument that deserves consideration or respect.

That and a complete lack of understanding of what consensus means. Its not a popularity contest. A few 'dissenters' (as they may like to be called) with opinions (even perhaps valid ones) do not overturn consensus, as that is tied to the data and evidence available which overwhelmingly support the science.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

of opinions.
Sorry but you seem to have misunderstood what I was asking for.

I asked for evidence to support your claim that the Greens have blocked hazard reduction burns. If it's true I'd really like to know where it happened and how it was able to come to pass because it would clearly be a big deal.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube

of opinions.
Scoffing at incorrect 50 y.o headlines, isn't evidence or proof of anything. Their refutation is not argument, it's just denial.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
People can't deal with climate change and it's effect being entirely our fault so they look for any excuse for it not to be. Or they have a vested interest. Those are the only two reasons I can see.

The science is settled. The consensus is there. This event was predicted long ago. Some person in the cohort I describe above truly believes because it was predicted to be around 2020 we'd see these conditions that escalates the likelihood of it being all deliberate. Ludicrous. I can't even begin to imagine the mechanics in his mind of how that could possibly happen. Not mean enough to ask him if the cancer currently causing 3 months chemo with a very unsure outlook was checked out by a midwife who believed only in alternate natural therapies, he's otherwise a decent bloke.

These noisy people have apparently been using bots on Twitter to trend the arson hashtag, analysts have found the tell tale signs according to an ABC radio report I heard today.

This is how it starts to feel like there's a consensus to those groups that ignore the larger expert group.

IMHO...

Sitting in my yard watching bees collect pollen, we have a 'rescue hive' from down the coast via our local farmers market guy. He brought some pollen to give the hive a boost as they've been lacking for weeks from the various fires. He lost a bunch of hives on NYE. This one is going good now after a couple of weeks here. Just copped a sting on the chest for this pic lol.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
A decent article to present to those still unwilling to listen to scientific evidence:

It better demonstrates how we got to this situation we are in right now.

Bit hard to deny the FF industry's own actions.

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Benjamin Law is ice cold.

This is the time where other ministers in the Gov need to feel the heat. It can't all land on scomo, they are getting off easy. Bring the heat across them all and the less oiled machines will break down faster.
Yep, almost like ScoMo didn't know.

moorey

call me Mia
You found someone either you agree with, or you’re parroting him. Cool story bro. :p
I’ve seen plenty of Butterfields stuff, he’s a contrarian, who knows that the bigger prick you are, the more attention you’ll get, and any attention is good.
There’s times I’ve agreed with his rants, but I have no time for his ‘I have an opinion that I’m stating loudly therefore I’m right, regardless of facts’ style.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Don't want to click on that YT vid lest I drive another view - what's Butterfield's point?

Does he not believe in science or does he just find issue with an intelligent, passionate lass from the other side of the planet?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You found someone either you agree with, or you’re parroting him. Cool story bro.
I’ve seen plenty of Butterfields stuff, he’s a contrarian, who knows that the bigger prick you are, the more attention you’ll get, and any attention is good.
There’s times I’ve agreed with his rants, but I have no time for his ‘I have an opinion that I’m stating loudly therefore I’m right, regardless of facts’ style.
You just don't like him because you're two of the top two things he hates - vegans and cyclists

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Don't want to click on that YT vid lest I drive another view - what's Butterfield's point?

Does he not believe in science or does he just find issue with an intelligent, passionate lass from the other side of the planet?
He's a loud, annoying bogan, not sure he has a point further than that

"I'm on the fence with climate change"
"Greta is a puppet"
"They use Greta because people won't attack a young girl"

I stopped about there, I have better things to do with my day

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk