The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
It seems that our last few PMs spent all their efforts getting the top job that once they are there they have no clue what to do in the role. Sadly Albo looks to be going down the same path and is already a disappointing opp leader.
Albo is a bit like Kim Beazley - decent human being but not really charismatic enough to be a leader. That said, if Scummo is still PM at the next election I'm not sure that any amount of scare campaigning by the LNP, Palmer or whoever else crawls out of the woodwork will stop a change of government.

As the old saying goes: governments lose elections; oppositions never win them - which in itself is problematic. The opposition could be a ragtag bunch of inbred six-toed hillbillys that couldn't organise a piss-up at a brewery, but because the government is on the nose the voters boot them out anyway (welcome to Queensland).

I say we compile all the good ideas from @Nerf Herder's dictator for a day thread, formulate some sound policy guff around them, start the ironically monikered Rotorburners Party (Farkin Party might be better) and give Australia a real choice for the better in 2022. There's probably already representatives in most electorates, distinct green tinge to policies... got to have legs. Any nominations for ministries - @Haakon for Families and Social Services? @hifiandmtb for Energy and Emissions Reduction? Which tradie wants Industrial Relations?

sebbyreddan

Likes Dirt

I reckon scummo / smoko / whatever you want to call him, has probably half packed kiribilly house by now. We've gotten shiny new PM's for much less than this before...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
They did recently change the Liberal part rules to require a 2/3rds majority to get rid of an elected leader so it is going to take another 2.5 years of Scummo bullshit and pain before Australia gets another chance to kick itself in the nuts and vote for them again. (hopefully they won't..but after that last election I have completely lost faith in the Australian voting public.)

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
An overwhelming proportion of scientists now accept that Liberal MP Craig Kelly is a fucking idiot, new analysis shows.

Experts have suspected the link for years, but say a recent interview on British television put the association beyond doubt. “People in Australia have known this for years. If you look at the evidence, if you look at the signs, it’s undeniable, and it’s getting worse over time,” one researcher said.

Kelly has denied the link, saying the way he acts today is exactly the same way he has acted for decades. “This is simply the natural way of things, this is nothing new”.

Scientists have called on Kelly to stop providing new evidence, saying they have everything they need and are becoming overwhelmed with new data. “We’ve settled this now. It’s been tested, it’s been peer-reviewed, so we don’t need any further samples”.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know people that will stand up and walk out of the room and take the disciplinary action rather than work with him. I'm not in a position to ask them why.
It would only take a little imagination to come up with a reason. Especially if these people are of principle.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Albo is a bit like Kim Beazley - decent human being but not really charismatic enough to be a leader. That said, if Scummo is still PM at the next election I'm not sure that any amount of scare campaigning by the LNP, Palmer or whoever else crawls out of the woodwork will stop a change of government.

As the old saying goes: governments lose elections; oppositions never win them - which in itself is problematic. The opposition could be a ragtag bunch of inbred six-toed hillbillys that couldn't organise a piss-up at a brewery, but because the government is on the nose the voters boot them out anyway (welcome to Queensland).

I say we compile all the good ideas from @Nerf Herder's dictator for a day thread, formulate some sound policy guff around them, start the ironically monikered Rotorburners Party (Farkin Party might be better) and give Australia a real choice for the better in 2022. There's probably already representatives in most electorates, distinct green tinge to policies... got to have legs. Any nominations for ministries - @Haakon for Families and Social Services? @hifiandmtb for Energy and Emissions Reduction? Which tradie wants Industrial Relations?
I already voted for Johnny on here back in 2006? First vote of my life. Whoever handles Dan Andrews Facebook does an outstanding job. They need a payrise.

Last edited: