What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Found a jump that someone is manicuring. It has a crust of off-white cement. I can tell by the writing on the empty bag that they left behind.

slowmick

38-39"
Built it. Wasn't especially intended but bloody hell it's light. Sometime in the next couple of days I'll get it out on the trails, and will eventually PYR when I can be bothered (having hopefully also taken some more/better pictures).
that's come up great. no skimping on the build. What are you plans for it?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
that's come up great. no skimping on the build. What are you plans for it?
Ta mate. It was definitely a 'snowball' build as it originally started with the thought "I wouldn't mind trying to find a cheap steel hardtail frame...". Oops... :oops:

The plan for it is - Just ride it. Nothing fancy or too hectic, just go and belt along some singletrack. I'm not really into the high-stakes (big rocks/jumps) type stuff, nor racing. I just like getting out for a pedal, and hopefully slipping into that 'zen' state where you're just whirling along having fun not really thinking about anything other than the next corner or trail feature.

slowmick

38-39"
Took the Enduro Arthur's Seat this morning. had a ball. so many cool trails and so many unmarked trails. Looks like a good place to explore with strava turned off. Plenty of riders around. All sorts too. Was a bit jealous of the three guys on e-bikes chatting and laughing coming up Spur Track (ball bearings). I was on my 4th lap and soaked through.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ta mate. It was definitely a 'snowball' build as it originally started with the thought "I wouldn't mind trying to find a cheap steel hardtail frame...". Oops... :oops:

The plan for it is - Just ride it. Nothing fancy or too hectic, just go and belt along some singletrack. I'm not really into the high-stakes (big rocks/jumps) type stuff, nor racing. I just like getting out for a pedal, and hopefully slipping into that 'zen' state where you're just whirling along having fun not really thinking about anything other than the next corner or trail feature.
Looks super @beeb You always do subtle looking builds that have stuff I'd love to have. Well done sir.

Now, if we could only make you a little bit shorter :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Felt a bIt flat and lazy today. I took the roadie out too much this week.

Nevertheless, still had to get out before the hordes turn up en mass for National Bogans Day. Surprisingly empty here now. Not one early riser BBQ placeholding person in site.

Damn hot, hazy and humid already. Sweating bullets now.
DSC_2848.jpg

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Felt a bIt flat and lazy today. I took the roadie out too much this week.

Nevertheless, still had to get out before the hordes turn up en mass for National Bogans Day. Surprisingly empty here now. Not one early riser BBQ placeholding person in site.

Damn hot, hazy and humid already. Sweating bullets now. View attachment 359326
I was out the door at 0745. Walked the bike to the gate, then took it back and parked it. It's extremely muggy and hot. We took a short walk instead.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Decided to get the specialized command post dropper working again after using it as a fixed post for years, not because I needed to, just because I wanted to play with bikes.

Opened up a can of worms though, think the Schrader valve pooped its panties though as it lets all the air back out when you unscrew the shock pump.

Pulled the post apart to check and looks like it's new from the factory inside.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Decided to get the specialized command post dropper working again after using it as a fixed post for years, not because I needed to, just because I wanted to play with bikes.

Opened up a can of worms though, think the Schrader valve pooped its panties though as it lets all the air back out when you unscrew the shock pump.

Pulled the post apart to check and looks like it's new from the factory inside.
The local tyre shop should sort that out then!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Rode the same beachside/veloway lap that I did yesterday, but in reverse.

Have to stick to the tarmac while ribs heal.

Hundreds of roadies heading up the veloway, on their way to Willunga hill, for today's grand finale.

Beaches already filling up with eskies, wife beaters, and straya flags.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Changed from 35mm stem to 45mm stem. Might get out for a ride on it this arvo.

Also because I am special when removing the stem (which isn't 4 bolt so the bars need to be slid out of em) I had to remove both sets of levers etc etc to give me the cable play to slide the bars out........ then I was standing there and realised when the stem is off the bike, I can move the stem instead of the bars to overcome the cable play issues. Ha. Such a fuckwit. Oh and then I couldn't find the fuckwit thread even though this one is super minor. :rolleyes: