Where to get bearings?

nampla

Likes Bikes
Hi!
I need to replace some bearings on my Giant Anthem X. I can see some complete sets of Enduro bearings online, but, I'd like to try to replace just a couple. As a thought, there should be some shops selling such parts, those bearings aren't MTB-specific or custom units. Does anyone knows about such shops (in Adelaide, ideally)?

clockworked

Like an orange
Just go to any bearing shop. They'll measure your previous ones (as long as they're out of the bike) and replace them. Its piss easy.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
DIYMTB

Good luck getting bike pivot bearings from a regular bearing supplier like CBC
Yeah, you'll get the size pretty easily, but full compliment bearings or angular contact bearings won't be as easy.

You can use regular bearings, but they won't last half as long because they're not meant for those kinds of loads.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

nampla

Likes Bikes
Well, as I had bearings info, I've asked for them at CBC. And the one I've needed most (63800) they did not have in stock, could order from Melbourne. The the brand was listed as Economy, which, according to the shop staff, could be some smaller manufacturer with unknown quality.
Will get proper ones at mtbdirect or DIYMTB. Thanks for replies everyone!

clockworked

Like an orange
Yeah, you'll get the size pretty easily, but full compliment bearings or angular contact bearings won't be as easy.

You can use regular bearings, but they won't last half as long because they're not meant for those kinds of loads.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
For the tas riders the statewide bearing shop in derwent park laughed when i asked if they stocked angular contact bearings. "Pfft of course we do!"