VIC WTB: DH Suitable Brake-set - FOUND

treble

Likes Dirt
Item: Set of brakes to suit DH bike - prefer 4 pot, Something other than SRAM/Avid (have plenty of spare sets already, looking to try something new).
Price range/Willing to Pay: Negotiable, Less than I would have to pay for some cheap newies
Extra Info: Happy with something a couple of years old. Just need levers, lines and calipers can sort out rotors myself.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
There's a set of older Saint 4 pots on bookface for $100. If I was feeling richer I'd grab them for no reason, but they'd go better on someone's bike than my tub of parts I think...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

treble

Likes Dirt
There's a set of older Saint 4 pots on bookface for $100. If I was feeling richer I'd grab them for no reason, but they'd go better on someone's bike than my tub of parts I think...

Don't have bookface, might have to see if I can get on the wife's account.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bookface is a big part of why I have tubs full of bike parts and no money...

Good luck with it!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
what group did you see these on? Haven't been able to spot them
Aus MTB trading post

You better find them fast before I decide if don't in fact have too many sets of 4 pot brakes here

treble

Likes Dirt
Aus MTB trading post

You better find them fast before I decide if don't in fact have too many sets of 4 pot brakes here

Thanks mate, Had a read of his post. looks like they might need a lever rebuild. In that case I may as well just rebuild one of the newer sets of Sram brakes in the drawer suffering from similar issues. All yours if you can use the spares

kip01

Likes Dirt
magura mt5?I looked at those. aren't they all plastic? possibly not 'durable' enough for my style of riding/crashing
Shimano there a new cheap 4 pot I replaced a set of guides on my mates bike and they have more stopping power just no fancy adjustments

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
magura mt5?I looked at those. aren't they all plastic? possibly not 'durable' enough for my style of riding/crashing
replace the plastic levers with shimano, enjoy Shigura awesomeness ;)

Thanks mate, Had a read of his post. looks like they might need a lever rebuild. In that case I may as well just rebuild one of the newer sets of Sram brakes in the drawer suffering from similar issues. All yours if you can use the spares
errrrrr.... arrggggg....

!!!

lever swapout would be a piece of piss, and would end up being an awesome brake. thats IF its a lever issue, which it might not be, wandering bite point can just be a bleed issue even after a seemingly good bleed.

I'll do some soul searching overnight (read - i'll do my best to find a way to justify another set of brakes i dont need...)