Rockshox pushloc cable install help

tobbogonist

a registered member
Alright..
I've been fiddling around with this since 3 this afternoon and the poor dog has missed out on his walk.
How do I bloody thread the cable through the pushloc remote?
I'm only new here and you have all been great help with the few small questions I've had, I appreciate that immensly, but I am about ready to throw my bike out the window and take up rollerblading.

Is there some bit I'm missing? does it come apart? Do I just keep poking to it goes through? Ive searched online although the little I found is from people saying they can't do it, then saying its okay now they did it..
Thankyou, in advance.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Thats the exact post I was looking at, i've read it about 30 times. I think it is just a matter of jiggerying it through.

I've two cans left, lets hope something happens haha.
Thanks Nambra.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I got nothing then. Hope it works out... can you push anything through from either direction - prove that the route is clear?

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
There's this video, but it doesn't show much. Just slip it in .... I ruined a good Sram shifter doing a cable replacement, so I won't contribute any further.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Yep I got a length of speaker cable through it, its not a sealed route through though. Two shafts. Getting it to bend in the middle and enter the second shaft seems too magical a feat to be purposfully designed.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Yep I got a length of speaker cable through it, its not a sealed route through though. Two shafts. Getting it to bend in the middle and enter the second shaft seems too magical a feat to be purposfully designed.
Sounds like my shifter experience. Round pegs and square holes.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Its definately the right remote but doesn't provide any insight into getting the cable through.
It looks like the lever when fully pressed in should connect the two shafts and allow the cable to guide through.

Im going to try solder a lenght of wire to the end of fhe cable in the morning then use the wire to guide the cable through, if that doesnt work, its rollerblades for me.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Have found that twisting/rotating a cable while pushing sometime works when threading.
make sure you twist the same way the cable is wound though.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Have found that twisting/rotating a cable while pushing sometime works when threading.
make sure you twist the same way the cable is wound though.
Thanks mate, i originally had nearly 2 metres of cable, its down to 1 now. It keeps twisting out of shape and i cant find my soldering iron.

tobbogonist

a registered member
If it all become too much I have an old one you can have for free. Much simpler design.
I very may well take you up on that!
Are you still in tassie? I grew up on the nw coast and will be moving back in a few years.
Just missed the mtb craze, when i was there it was foresty fire roads and dirt bike tracks on my repco duely.
Road it to the shops once to get bread, forgot i rode and walked home with my helmet on. Never saw it again haha.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Okay. Booked into lbs for service next week, they will install the remote, he had no idea how to get it through either when I popped in.

stirk

Burner
Can you thread a cable housing inner tube through (the very inner part of a housing, you have to cut up an old cable housing to get it) and then guide the cable through that?
I use them for internal frame routing and they work a treat.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I very may well take you up on that!
Are you still in tassie? I grew up on the nw coast and will be moving back in a few years.
Just missed the mtb craze, when i was there it was foresty fire roads and dirt bike tracks on my repco duely.
Road it to the shops once to get bread, forgot i rode and walked home with my helmet on. Never saw it again haha.
Yeah mate doubt ill ever leave Tas now with all the mountain biking.

Glad you're getting the lever sorted