Little Things You Hate

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Voters need to get better organised on this shit. Private cover is a scam being forced upon us by private enterprise and their political patsies. Rebuilding public health needs to be an election issue.

People should be allowed to choose private health, not forced to
do you think we live in some sort of democracy or something...Dreamer!
what will this do to my share portfolio though?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
do you think we live in some sort of democracy or something...Dreamer!
what will this do to my share portfolio though?

If private health insurers had to win clients through competition and service, I'd imagine that shares in the market leaders would see a rise in value. I'm glad we live on a free market economy.

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
Little things I hate...
I have the one relative that ALWAYS tells us how good her daughter is...
All you hear is her bragging to others that her daughter is so good - getting selected for school captain, got invited to play in school band because she is so 'gifted', school she is in is so prestigious that they fly 4 hours to darwin for 'cultural awareness studies', trains at the state swimming centre because she is so good..............
On the weekend, we were at inlaws house, and my son couldnt be bothered using cutlery to eat chicken drumstick, so used hands. The relative, off course,'praised' her daughter for her excellent table manners because she used cutlery.
When we say that our kids did something good at school, response is, 'my daughter has done better...'
F@ck me, ive had enough - im no c#nt, but id love to see her fail big time at something, just so her mum can shut the f#ck up.
Doesnt the stupid mum realise she is raising a child that thinks her shit doesnt smell???

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Little things I hate...
All you hear is her bragging to others that her daughter is so good - getting selected for school captain, got invited to play in school band because she is so 'gifted', school she is in is so prestigious that they fly 4 hours to darwin for 'cultural awareness studies', trains at the state swimming centre because she is so good..............
On the weekend, we were at inlaws house, and my son couldnt be bothered using cutlery to eat chicken drumstick, so used hands. The relative, off course,'praised' her daughter for her excellent table manners because she used cutlery.
When we say that our kids did something good at school, response is, 'my daughter has done better...'
F@ck me, ive had enough - im no c#nt, but id love to see her fail big time at something, just so her mum can shut the f#ck up.
Doesnt the stupid mum realise she is raising a child that thinks her shit doesnt smell???
Similar thing except was a tennis colleague. Daughters won every award in primary school etc. Mother was a teacher at the school. Girls went onto high school and came crashing down. Looks like mum did most of the work.

No good for the kids, let them be kids and learn the natural way, blowing shit up.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The worry with these sorts of kids is that they peak too early. For a happy and satisfying life you never really want to hit your peak.

I could imagine nothing worse than as an adult looking back on your childhood as your "glory days".

Haakon

Keeps on digging
lodging complaints process with insurance company and commencing a long drawn out shitfight... this is going to suck.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Little things I hate...
It took a good few years to convince Mrs George she was as good and as worthy as anyone after decades of her mum comparing her to her over achieving younger sister. Mrs George only ever wanted to be just a mum, sister in law has to be involved in Fucking Everything

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It took a good few years to convince Mrs George she was as good and as worthy as anyone after decades of her mum comparing her to her over achieving younger sister. Mrs George only ever wanted to be just a mum, sister in law has to be involved in Fucking Everything
Wow, that is dedication to sex on a whole new level!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Voters need to get better organised on this shit. Private cover is a scam being forced upon us by private enterprise and their political patsies. Rebuilding public health needs to be an election issue.
Agree but at the moment , if you mtbike , you have an injury and want it repaired quickly , private insurance is great.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wow, that is dedication to sex on a whole new level!
I'm pretty sure I've seen her films

She has to be in charge too......
Yep...I've definitely seen her films.

Agree but at the moment , if you mtbike , you have an injury and want it repaired quickly , private insurance is great.
That will depend on the nature of the injury and what state you're in. All my bike injuries have been repaired swiftly and to a very high level of satisfaction through the public system in NSW. A similar outcome for some of my buddies as well.

The one big private treatment I have undertaken in recent years (removal of "cyst" from lip) was also painless and swift. Not very $$$ either. I paid the gap in cash, possibly cash I'd saved by not engaging with a private health insurer.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
the delay is mostly because the public system is stripped of funds to feed LNP donating private profit driven insurance companies... ban private health, fund the public system again and no delays anymore.

nathanm

Eats Squid
lodging complaints process with insurance company and commencing a long drawn out shitfight... this is going to suck.
Not necessarily.

I've posted elsewhere but after 4 imperfect repairs and a lot of running around with CGU we've been credited $3500 in just compensation for faulty and delayed repairs for a $1500 rear bumper repair

it appears the insurance ombudsman has a lot of power including the ability to make determinations including compensation payable by the insurer. First sign of trouble, lodge a dispute and a afca complaint.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I'm going through the process... Complaints area upped it a bit but not enough, so on it goes to the next internal level. First part took a few hours, next will take a week or two as its more formal. See how that goes...

Current offer not a total disaster for us, but still below market value just because they cant find anything on the market to match.... They are happy to take a lesser car and adjust up, but wont take a better one and adjsut down...

And they are penalising me for buying a car that sat in a showroom for a while. Complied 7/16, but sold new and warranty commenced 10/17 - they refuse to value match it with 17 cars which are identical in every way to a 16.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'm going through the process... Complaints area upped it a bit but not enough, so on it goes to the next internal level. First part took a few hours, next will take a week or two as its more formal. See how that goes...

Current offer not a total disaster for us, but still below market value just because they cant find anything on the market to match.... They are happy to take a lesser car and adjust up, but wont take a better one and adjsut down...

And they are penalising me for buying a car that sat in a showroom for a while. Complied 7/16, but sold new and warranty commenced 10/17 - they refuse to value match it with 17 cars which are identical in every way to a 16.
Did they cover the stamp duty costs ?