What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
A clean then back from a full service and all ready to ride yesterday....

....off to Red Hill, which ended at the ED after putting a pedal through my shin in a stack on Rock Salt. Multiple stitches later but I was pushing it a bit and the bike felt awesome, so was still a great day out. Can strongly recommend Rosebud Hospital if a Red Hill / Eatons visit doesn't quite go to plan - I think they're pretty used to seeing MTBers there.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A clean then back from a full service and all ready to ride yesterday....

View attachment 360208

....off to Red Hill, which ended at the ED after putting a pedal through my shin in a stack on Rock Salt. Multiple stitches later but I was pushing it a bit and the bike felt awesome, so was still a great day out. Can strongly recommend Rosebud Hospital if a Red Hill / Eatons visit doesn't quite go to plan - I think they're pretty used to seeing MTBers there.
Ouch. Everyone at work calling you limps?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Been too hot or too wet here to ride much, at least in the time I had available to me for riding. Dragged the Cannondale out yesterday to find the rear tyre flat as my fitness level. Pumped it up and topped up the pointy end and went for a half hour cruise around the local tracks. Hour or so after getting back rear tyre is flat again. What the? Pumped it up and dumped the bike in the bath. Leaking around the base of the valve stem. Tightened lots more and still leaking. Wheel off, tyre off and the rim tape has split through the valve hole! Cleaned and retaped the rim and back in the bath and ok for now. OK again this morning with no loss of pneumaticy. Will need to look at different valves maybe, these are generic Stans or Jims or whatever with the cone seal on the inside. The Stans ZTR rims have a narrow groove and maybe the valve isn't sitting properly in there. Anyway will get some Bears tape while I am next at Bunnings.