Should I keep this helmet?

thadownzkid

Likes Dirt
I received this helmet from an online retailer. It arrived with a small dent. Should I be concerned, and is this enough to make it worthwhile returning?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I would definitely ask them the question.

Look at it from the point of view of.... if you didnt like this helmet 3 rides in and were going to sell it, the dent would definitely have to be disclosed on your sell advert and would certainly devalue the helmet.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Don't ask the retailer. Tell them you want it replaced. Can't lose with that option, but you can if you keep it as is.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't be happy with that on a new helmet.....but if I did it/knew how it happened, that it was truly a piddling minor force/impact I would be OK with keeping it.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I would suggest seriously that it has been a minor v localised force like hitting it or dropping it on a small object that wouldnt affect the integrity of the helmet.
First time I wore one helmet I hit it on an overhanging tree at Falls creek, didnt knock me off the bike but felt it in my neck = still wear the helmet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For me it's just about the look. How can you expect other trail users to take you seriously if your helmet has a mark like that on it? Everyone will (rightly) identify you as a Jerry within seconds of seeing. Your reputation on trail is too valuable and volatile for that kind of risk

• Love
Reactions: Zaf