Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Gumtree. And the bullshit artists on there. For every good experience there are 15 shit ones. Had a great experience buying planter beds recently from a random who not only did a great job on the beds but was a top bloke as well and then...

#1 bought a cheap fried 3.0 ITD Pooey wagon late last year for the front doors, guards and bonnet and some interior trims. His mate already wanted the chassis for a project and another bits of the driveline so he then sold seats, rear doors, engine etc.

Engine has a cracked head, like so many of these, put up the ad being honest that it ran roughly, blew white smoke and the engine was knackered with a likely cracked head and rooted bores and it was cheap just to get rid of it. Within a few hours plenty of enquiries. Two ready to travel from a fair distance and first in heading from up the coast. In the meantime 3rd in line says he is a mechanic and #1 should therefore sell to him. Offers half the already low asking price because he only wants a few bolts and bits. #1 explains there are others ahead of him and that he would let him know. Again came back with the I am a mechanic you have to sell to me. Ah no, you are currently 3rd. #1 and mate had pulled the motor from the chassis and put it on a pallet, plumbed water and air and left the radiator and intercooler sitting with the motor connected with factory hoses. Old mate comes back saying the engine is put together wrong. The intercooler goes between the airbox and turbo not turbo and motor and anyone who puts it in like that will blow it up. Umm it is already cooked? And that is the factory piping... #1 asks what do I tell this dickhead?

You have been placed in queue and then add a cheesey sound track.

First guy looked at it, paid the money and took the motor.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gumtree. And the bullshit artists on there. For every good experience there are 15 shit ones. Had a great experience buying planter beds recently from a random who not only did a great job on the beds but was a top bloke as well and then...

#1 bought a cheap fried 3.0 ITD Pooey wagon late last year for the front doors, guards and bonnet and some interior trims. His mate already wanted the chassis for a project and another bits of the driveline so he then sold seats, rear doors, engine etc.

Engine has a cracked head, like so many of these, put up the ad being honest that it ran roughly, blew white smoke and the engine was knackered with a likely cracked head and rooted bores and it was cheap just to get rid of it. Within a few hours plenty of enquiries. Two ready to travel from a fair distance and first in heading from up the coast. In the meantime 3rd in line says he is a mechanic and #1 should therefore sell to him. Offers half the already low asking price because he only wants a few bolts and bits. #1 explains there are others ahead of him and that he would let him know. Again came back with the I am a mechanic you have to sell to me. Ah no, you are currently 3rd. #1 and mate had pulled the motor from the chassis and put it on a pallet, plumbed water and air and left the radiator and intercooler sitting with the motor connected with factory hoses. Old mate comes back saying the engine is put together wrong. The intercooler goes between the airbox and turbo not turbo and motor and anyone who puts it in like that will blow it up. Umm it is already cooked? And that is the factory piping... #1 asks what do I tell this dickhead?

You have been placed in queue and then add a cheesey sound track.

First guy looked at it, paid the money and took the motor.
Was the “mechanic” suggesting the intercooler goes on the non pressurised side between air box and turbo?!?!