Nukeproof ARD buy from CRC

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tyre inserts are a treatment for the symptoms, not the cause of a problem.
Just because you have wide rims, low pressure and massively capable bikes doesn't give carte blanche to give zero fs about line choices.
Even easier with XC width handlebars

moorey

call me Mia
Tyre inserts are a treatment for the symptoms, not the cause of a problem.
Just because you have wide rims, low pressure and massively capable bikes doesn't give carte blanche to give zero fs about line choices.
Yeah nah. While I don’t think they’re as essential as many make out, I think you’ve missed the point completely. Your argument could be applied to virtually every bike improvement, technology or item safety gear.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
bah i just made an order with crc 3 days ago. i could've chucked an ARD in for ya and post it for $10.

i've been running them over the last few months. Haven't dinted any more rims so far.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
bah i just made an order with crc 3 days ago. i could've chucked an ARD in for ya and post it for $10.

i've been running them over the last few months. Haven't dinted any more rims so far.
Haha! Bugger!!!! I ended up ordering 2 sets. Glad to hear that. After my last pinch flat, and consequently not being able to run that near new tyre tubeless anymore, I got thinking it might be a nice bit of extra insurance.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Haha! Bugger!!!! I ended up ordering 2 sets. Glad to hear that. After my last pinch flat, and consequently not being able to run that near new tyre tubeless anymore, I got thinking it might be a nice bit of extra insurance.
I pinch flatted my rear wheel few months back and heavily dinted the rim. Pulled the dint out, chucked an ARD in, and managed to run tubeless on it still. So defo give it a try when it arrives.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I consider inserts more as rim insurance for when I make bad line choices. Benefits like vibration dampening is a bonus (more noticeable on long park days)

DMan

I consider inserts more as rim insurance for when I make bad line choices. Benefits like vibration dampening is a bonus (more noticeable on long park days)
Look and sometimes when you're riding new trails you don't get the chance to make good line choices. The damping will be interesting to see if it's noticeable in an ARD. Especially in the front.

DMan

ard are no good on 30mm plus rims. They are too narrow on the edge but better than nothing
I wondered about that. My front is 35mm so I wasn't planning one to the front. My rear 29. Can you still fit it or will it move around in the wheel?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I wondered about that. My front is 35mm so I wasn't planning one to the front. My rear 29. Can you still fit it or will it move around in the wheel?
It will fit. Mine was on 35mm rim running 2.8 tyre. Haven't heard it rattling around. Mounting it on wider rim is much easier. I couldn't install it on my 25mm rim (even after snapping a couple of tyre levers).

jrewing

Eats Squid
It will fit. Mine was on 35mm rim running 2.8 tyre. Haven't heard it rattling around. Mounting it on wider rim is much easier. I couldn't install it on my 25mm rim (even after snapping a couple of tyre levers).
They just dont have enough foam on the edge of the insert to stop dings on big hits. Work well on normal rides but i did 2 rims at thredbo with them installed

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm definitely interested in these. Off the Brakes sell them but they end up costing around the same as Wiggle with delivery. I guess they'll turn up a bit sooner.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm definitely interested in these. Off the Brakes sell them but they end up costing around the same as Wiggle with delivery. I guess they'll turn up a bit sooner.
Rimpact are around the same price and offer more support, was running ARD before but prefer the Rimpact.

One thing to consider though - If you swap tyres a lot, ARD is far easier to wrangle off the rim.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Rimpact are around the same price and offer more support, was running ARD before but prefer the Rimpact.

One thing to consider though - If you swap tyres a lot, ARD is far easier to wrangle off the rim.
Is there a local distro for rimpact or did you buy direct?