What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Yesterday learned that I can quite easily completely disassemble and reassemble Shimano pedals. When I took the other spindle assembly out the top race had crept down and bearings got inside. I thought fuck it, and did pedal surgery for the second time in a week. One was a tiny bit tight but will bed in, mate did 20k on them today and said they felt great, I'll check them when we ride in the morning. 9am Stromlo if anyone's keen now we're cool to have small groups.

Also learned converting to tubeless with old non tubeless tyres sucks. Luckily borrowed an air shot but then made a mistake with the front tyre now on back and not a good back tyre for front use (Crossmark). So took the 2.2 Agressor off my other old bike, which has wider rims. It was stretched, and air shot + rim strip wouldn't work. So old Avanti has rear tubeless and tube + strip front. Anyone got a 26 TR tyre that's not stretched?

We took Avanti (aka Sender 2.0) and my newly pinned pedals out, along with the fresh Vans that were tight but all leather so stuffing with rags and leather expander overnight had them super comfy. Did most of the Sparrow Hill long loop. Pedals went great, as did Sender 2.0. Ian however forgot his SPD shoes so did the ride in joggers on his XT small platform SPDs. He is ex army and you wouldn't know it meeting him but he's hard. He was a bit slower a year ago at Sparrow, and he actually got a PR or two!!

Now it's cleaning gears and chugging beers with a nice drop BAD MOFO from Tumut River Brewing.

20200516_092215_copy_1152x864.jpg

20200516_155925_copy_864x1152.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Yesterday learned that I can quite easily completely disassemble and reassemble Shimano pedals. When I took the other spindle assembly out the top race had crept down and bearings got inside. I thought fuck it, and did pedal surgery for the second time in a week. One was a tiny bit tight but will bed in, mate did 20k on them today and said they felt great, I'll check them when we ride in the morning. 9am Stromlo if anyone's keen now we're cool to have small groups.

Also learned converting to tubeless with old non tubeless tyres sucks. Luckily borrowed an air shot but then made a mistake with the front tyre now on back and not a good back tyre for front use (Crossmark). So took the 2.2 Agressor off my other old bike, which has wider rims. It was stretched, and air shot + rim strip wouldn't work. So old Avanti has rear tubeless and tube + strip front. Anyone got a 26 TR tyre that's not stretched?

We took Avanti (aka Sender 2.0) and my newly pinned pedals out, along with the fresh Vans that were tight but all leather so stuffing with rags and leather expander overnight had them super comfy. Did most of the Sparrow Hill long loop. Pedals went great, as did Sender 2.0. Ian however forgot his SPD shoes so did the ride in joggers on his XT small platform SPDs. He is ex army and you wouldn't know it meeting him but he's hard. He was a bit slower a year ago at Sparrow, and he actually got a PR or two!!

Now it's cleaning gears and chugging beers with a nice drop BAD MOFO from Tumut River Brewing.

View attachment 363188

View attachment 363189
Is that first pic the promo shot for your boyband's upcoming world tour?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk