What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Due to lockdown I’ve been riding the local gravel roads - which is fine for getting out and about .
But after not having to ‘ trail ride ‘ thru trees , corners and muddy sections has made me the Gumby of Gumbies .
Took 10 km to get my eye in and stop hitting trees with bars and generally wobbling all over the shop !
Oh , and reducing the tyre pressures ..... went down to 8 pound , tyres are getting a bit worn !

Try again tomorrow .

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
You even put a blindfold on the Kona so it didn't get scared at the sign.
Ha ha... na, it wasn’t a serious ride, so I was just gonna wear a tee shirt. Got brow beaten by Sue about how cold it was, into wearing a winnie. Didn’t last long.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Serviced unknown condition Pike 409s, stanchions as expected not in great shape. Lowers damper side was bone dry & spring side had the consistency of tar. MC Damper had like 1/2 the oil volume it should have had. :rolleyes:

Anyways.. feel much better after a full service and thorough clean, should be good enough for dirtjumper duties.

Attachments

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Binned it for the first time in ages. Long sweeping bermed corner with the top half covered in loose shit = front washout. Grazes etc., helmet ding, sore shoulder and hand but nothing serious. Importantly, the bike only has a few scratches on the bars.

I don’t usually wear my Garmin watch riding, but did today cause I got in trouble on Friday for not knowing the missus called me 4 times, expecting me home earlier. Face of watch all scratched up. Tears.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Serviced unknown condition Pike 409s, stanchions as expected not in great shape. Lowers damper side was bone dry & spring side had the consistency of tar. MC Damper had like 1/2 the oil volume it should have had. :rolleyes:

Anyways.. feel much better after a full service and thorough clean, should be good enough for dirtjumper duties.
If you can smooth that scuffing out a bit you'll be fine. Might have to clean and lube the lowers a bit more often but they'll still work the same.

Laughing

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After the YY on Saturday I went to my backyard at Lysterfield. Despite getting there pretty early it was like there was free money and cooked food on offer. I've never seen it that busy.

Cars parked down the length of Horswood Road, car park heaving and the start of any trail had people queuing up....

Nothing like a bit of freedom and some decent weather.

Watch out for the second wave though.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Return to Wombat this arvo - Much better !

Buuut , it was heaving , i have never seen so many cars in the many years i have been going - i only saw 4 other riders on my adventure .
Admittedly I'm not on the standard trails much .

so , it was a Beaut Afternoon.

Lets hope that the Can'tridemybikevirus stays away !

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Looks like it is missing the dropper? Otherwise came up nice.
Yep, don't have an external dropper in that size, and I'm also uncertain if can actually route one internally. There is internal routing for a front d, so maybe it's possible? She's still a beginner so no real urgency.

Alternative is to use the routing for the rear brake when I get a longer hose for the Magura. Current Magura and SLX mix looks quite odd.

That's a lovely looking bike.
Thanks, it came up well didn't it?. It's a nice bike and a bit of a bargain really: $600 for a NOS frame and $320 for the McLeod. All the other bits I had to hand, so it's a bit of a mish-mash spec wise, but its very light.

First ride on dirt for Mrs Tubbsy, and she enjoyed it which is great. Then we went into town and had Korean BBQ and a couple of glasses of riesling in an actual restaurant!

A satisfying day all 'round.

Last edited: