Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry @wozza I'll have to stick you in the 2nd group for the time being. Group 1 has unfortunately reached 10.
Will shuffle things around if any cancellations or if restrictions change.

Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
teK-- - Jim
Moorey
Felix
Plankosaurus - Dale
Yuley95 - Andrew
SlowMick -
MattyP- Tentitive
Jpez -Jason
leitch - Andrew

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
Boom King - Andrew
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
wozza - Damo

One more spot remaining in the 2nd group, get in quick if you want to lock it in.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
teK-- - Jim
Moorey
Felix
Plankosaurus - Dale
wozza - damo
Sorry @wozza I'll have to stick you in the 2nd group for the time being. Group 1 has unfortunately reached 10.
Will shuffle things around if any cancellations or if restrictions change.

Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
teK-- - Jim
Moorey
Felix
Plankosaurus - Dale
Yuley95 - Andrew
SlowMick -
MattyP- Tentitive
Jpez -Jason
leitch - Andrew

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
Boom King - Andrew
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
wozza - Damo

One more spot remaining in the 2nd group, get in quick if you want to lock it in.
One Q...there wasn’t 10 on the list when Wozza added his name...did I miss something?

Also, that makes group B, 11 riders.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
MattyP is tentative anyway, so Wozza might still slot into 1. Could also split group 1 into 1A and 1B.....

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry guys, as Mick said plenty of time for things to change.
I just slotted Wozza in to the 2nd group for the time being to keep numbers right, doesn't mean set in concrete yet :)

Same, if anyone else is still interested, please express interest. We'll try and accommodate everyone we can as best we can!

Full lists are always in the first post, as sometimes two users respond at the same time or grab an old list.
So I'm constantly updating so everyone can see exactly what's going on.

Glad we're getting so much interest in this! Bloody covid making things difficult!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll grab that last spot, someone needs to be the backmarker. Never ridden Sylvan before and keen to put a face to the rubbish that’s get posted here!

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
Boom King - Andrew
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
wozza - Damo
smitho- Ollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
teK-- - Jim
Moorey
Felix
Plankosaurus - Dale
Yuley95 - Andrew
SlowMick -
MattyP- Tentitive
Jpez -Jason
leitch - Andrew

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
Boom King - Andrew
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
wozza - Damo
smitho- Ollie

For the time being we will have to limit the ride to the above lists, thanks everyone for such a great response!
@moorey and @wozza we can shuffle the lists around as need be in the coming weeks, see if we can get you both in Group 1 preferably.

As soon a further restrictions are relaxed we can revisit, so if you can make the date (13th June, 12:30pm) and want to join in, please express interest and I'll chuck you on a further backup list.

Any changes for the members already involved please let me know asap.

Backup list

Cheers,
Chris

Jpez

Down on the left!
Group 1 - 1000m vert+
Chriso_29er - Chris
teK-- - Jim
Moorey
Felix
Plankosaurus - Dale
Yuley95 - Andrew
SlowMick -
MattyP- Tentitive
Jpez -Jason
leitch - Andrew

Group 2 - 500m vert
tkdbboy - Hakan
wkkie - Wayne
wkkie + 1 - Kyle
Boom King - Andrew
link1896 - Mark
danncam - Campbell
Kip01- tas
Kip01+1- Ryan
wozza - Damo
smitho- Ollie

For the time being we will have to limit the ride to the above lists, thanks everyone for such a great response!
@moorey and @wozza we can shuffle the lists around as need be in the coming weeks, see if we can get you both in Group 1 preferably.

As soon a further restrictions are relaxed we can revisit, so if you can make the date (13th June, 12:30pm) and want to join in, please express interest and I'll chuck you on a further backup list.

Any changes for the members already involved please let me know asap.

Backup list

Cheers,
Chris
Going to have to give up my spot @Chriso_29er. Got something on the Saturday I cant get out of. Shame as I was looking forward to putting some faces to Internet personalities.
Thanks for organising it!
If you organise another one make it for a 7am start on a Sunday. :p

kip01

Likes Dirt
Hey sorry off topic slightly, looking at heading out there tomorrow for the first time any recommendations on what's a good loop I can try decent climb at the start with good decent, only looking to be out there for couple hours

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Hey sorry off topic slightly, looking at heading out there tomorrow for the first time any recommendations on what's a good loop I can try decent climb at the start with good decent, only looking to be out there for couple hours
This is my core loop: https://www.strava.com/activities/3457589903

Park at the carpark on the left after Silvan Reservoir just where the road turns to dirt (called "Grey Gum Carpark" on Google). Take Delta 4 across to Olinda Creek Road then up the trails/fire road to the top which is a good warmup of about 220m climbing. Ride Lyre Lyre, do another lap if you want because it's great, then back across to JJs - climb/descend/climb and fireroad link across to the top of Twisted Sister from where you can choose a number of descents, but Temple of Zoom, To the Valley Below and Igor are the preferred options. Take either Bakers Dozen-Twisted Sister climb back up (if riding ToZ) or the new Covid Climb + fire roads if riding Valley or Igor. Do as many loops as your legs/timetable allows and then either take another JJs descent or the bottom fire road back to the car.

Expect it to be pretty slippery after this week's rain.

Last edited: