Brake choice...cura 4, dominion, quadiem gpsec

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And I’m honestly still surprised you haven’t bought that nicolai.
I'm surprised I haven't either.

Cheers for all the info guys, the quadiems sound like a great option too. Anyone know if hope rotors with work with them without fouling?

@beeb I sent you a pm.

No-one tried the dominions?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm surprised I haven't either.

Cheers for all the info guys, the quadiems sound like a great option too. Anyone know if hope rotors with work with them without fouling?

@beeb I sent you a pm.

No-one tried the dominions?

I'm running the Quadiems on my SAM with Hopes no problem. Also running Goodridge lines with Shimano fittings.

Haven't tried the Dominions (or Cura 4) but NSMB rate them both, which is a solid reccomendation in my book.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got the Quadiems as well. They are very solidly contructed brakes, way better then my M8020s and maybe even better then my Saint m810s which are beasts.

The stock TRP pads are terrible. I've dropped in Trickstuff power+ pads and they are very good. I haven't tried the Uberbike racematrix pads in the same brakes yet but they would be a good choice also.

The bleeding is a lot easier than Shimano brakes as well. I use the Clarks bleed kit with 2 syringes and just pump oil back,and forth to get the bubbles out.

Starbike couldn't ship my order through DHL so I got a refund and have some g-spec quadiems on the way.

Where's the best place online to source either of the pads you suggested?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Starbike couldn't ship my order through DHL so I got a refund and have some g-spec quadiems on the way.

Discobrakes do good pads, not those mentioned but good pads all the same.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Europe unfortunately. Uberbike are in the UK and Trickstuff I got from Bike Components.

Discbrakes are Taiwan based with a distribution warehouse in the US and UK. Look up bikefridge on Ebay. I used the sintered and the soft kevlar pads. The sintered are ok, and the kevlar are very good. I've read good things about their copper free pads as well.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Europe unfortunately. Uberbike are in the UK and Trickstuff I got from Bike Components.

Discbrakes are Taiwan based with a distribution warehouse in the US and UK. Look up bikefridge on Ebay. I used the sintered and the soft kevlar pads. The sintered are ok, and the kevlar are very good. I've read good things about their copper free pads as well.

Cheers. Got the race matrix ordered.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I've found discobrakes and uberbike pads to not last as long (I'd say between 1/3 and 1/2) as Hope Sintered pads. I think Hope ones are thicker but I haven't confirmed this.
Race Matrix had a bit of extra bite to it but I've gone back to Hope.
Slowing down less means I should go faster? o_O