Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If they routed the DH guys right over the top with a 4m drop into the trail, and those heading down luge onto a kind of wall ride on the side then the goobers could easily hang out in the container and everyone’d be catered for.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Love a good bit of silly convergence.

Trail map, picnic table, shade...those are effective moron magnets here. There's a table overlooking the beach on one of the local xc loops. It seems like everyone that goes past stops for a photo there and the table keeps the way through mostly clear.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
So have I got this straight? Does that DH trail continue full bore straight through that container where xc goobers that resemble Haakon congregate after finishing other trails right around there? If so that’s some of the worst trail planning I’ve seen.
The entry to a big fast left hander that starts the Luge is to the left as well. If some numpty is parked up on the left, its entry can be sketchy or at best it mucks up the entry and kills speed and fun.

The trail design and planning is fine - its just a common crossing of the big road gap. Its just thoughtless people who think the feature and the view exempt them from getting off the f cking trails you idiots...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The DH guys can get quite a bit of air out of the container as everything drops away pretty steeply, even the XC trail.

Best would be if there were two separated channels for riders, and some kind of viewing platform.

Some kind of heckler's rock type arrangement.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The entry to a big fast left hander that starts the Luge is to the left as well. If some numpty is parked up on the left, its entry can be sketchy or at best it mucks up the entry and kills speed and fun.

The trail design and planning is fine - its just a common crossing of the big road gap. Its just thoughtless people who think the feature and the view exempt them from getting off the f cking trails you idiots...
I just thought you were just being your usual whiney self but I can definitely see the issues with this set up. Not good for anybody and definitely potential for bar clipping and injury.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I just thought you were just being your usual whiney self but I can definitely see the issues with this set up. Not good for anybody and definitely potential for bar clipping and injury.
I lightly clipped someone's bar once as they scuttled out of my way, its was a whole lot less fun than a not fun thing recovering as I was dropping down into the Luge...

It was mostly ok until recently and only about 1 in 4 runs through there was an issue. These days there is always at least two or three noobs parked up.

Insane how much traffic there is these days, even without all the extra lockdown traffic. It was not unusual to do the whole lap without seeing anyone else the 8 years ago i started riding it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I just don't ride down that way any more, although not because of the occasional goobers. It's a good start to getting to learn Stromlo though.

Plenty more fun to be had going out the back of Stromo than Luge.

Although if I was a DH'r I'd be pissed about it.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I still miss the old Skyline without all the humps in it, you could achieve warp speed along there... But I still get a kick out of it when I have the fitness to hold some speed... Slick Rock is the trail I always forget is there, and every time I remember to ride I make a mental note to stop forgetting its there...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trying to think of what he might’ve missed

The scatter bomb. Often young girls who squeal and scatter in all directions across the trail.

The passive aggressive. Ignore you for a while then stop, fold their arms and glare at you as you pass

The maradona. Group of bros using the entire path as a football pitch.

The slack liner. Walks their dog on a 6m leash on a 3m path.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Trying to think of what he might’ve missed

The scatter bomb. Often young girls who squeal and scatter in all directions across the trail.

The passive aggressive. Ignore you for a while then stop, fold their arms and glare at you as you pass

The maradona. Group of bros using the entire path as a football pitch.

The slack liner. Walks their dog on a 6m leash on a 3m path.
The spreaders. The fit grannies or family that walk three abreast across the path with selective hearing and force you to detour completely off the path to get past them.

And a recent phenomenon. The distance talkers.
Friends having a social distance discussion on either side of the path forcing you to thread the needle through their spittle.