Warburton trail updates

kbekus

Likes Dirt
gonna be a tricky one... I can well understand the fears the NIMBY groups would have over this... if a trail network similar to Derby were to open up a 3/4 hour drive from Melbourne it would get smashed with visitors.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
The EES doesn't come cheap by any means. They are normally only completed on large infrastructure projects like wind farms, tunnels, level crossing removals and mines. An EES for a MTB project is a first. There are many people that do not want this to go ahead. Don't hold your breathe. Going off past the general ESS timelime and past cases it's a good 12 months plus just for this.

The referral form can be viewed here https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/env.../warburton-mountain-bike-destination?a=446408

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
interesting FLOW mtb have gotten involved writng a rather long article curious case of warburton mtb park

other interesting point ParksVic seemnot to be holding this up
The thing that stands out in this article, is the mention of the "wingless stonefly". That's a stupid name, and probably a stupid creature. It should be called a "Stonewalk" because without wings, I feel strongly that it falls short of the definition of a fly. Also, do you get the idea that God didn't intend some creatures to live? Poor things, not giving a fly wings, that's a sick joke

...business as usual from PV and delwp. Yep, the fly is the surprising thing here.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid

kip01

Likes Dirt
If it doesn't go ahead etcWhy not spend the money improving already existing bike parks which require heaps of maintenance like Buxton and lake mountain etc

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
This is pretty disappointing.

Who would be the best people to contact to voice our displeasure? In a constructive way...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I sent off an email to a few places last night and received a response from the Yarra Ranges council....

Dear Wayne,

Thank you for your email regarding the Warburton Mountain Bike Trail.

We certainly appreciate the passion and support you are showing for this significant project.

Your email has been passed on to our project team, which I assure you, will be very happy to receive your letter of support as well. This project will benefit all of the community and as you point out, will provide many financial, health and wellbeing benefits.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us; we look forward to being able to provide further updates as soon as they become available.

In the meantime, you can keep updated at the Ride Yarra Ranges website.

Kind Regards,

Kerri

[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD]Kerri Trengove
Customer Liaison Officer
9294 6742
CustomerLiaison@yarraranges.vic.gov.au[/TD]
[/TR]

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The draft Environmental Effects Statement closes firmer community comment on 21st September.

All Victorian’s should comment.

These will be a massive asset to our state (and country) and a whole lot of fun.

In a nut shell - 188km's of mtb tracks from the surrounding hills into town! If you've not done this, youtube 'Derby mtb trails' to see how great this will be. They did a similar project there in Tasmania that was amazing for the town, peoples health and the economy.

This was all going swimmingly until the minister of planning required an Environmental Effects Statement, which basically is usually reserved only for things such as underwater pipelines bordering the 12 apostles... or fracking.. In this case a political speed bump and spindoctary to divert attention from large environmental problems to give the idea that the state is 'at least doing something' in regards to the environment.

WHAT WE NEED for this to happen quickly, is your positive public comment on why you'd love to visit Warburton and what it will do for the local community and economy. Why it's great to get out and have fun in the sun. Keep in mind mountain bikers are some of the biggest environmentally conscious folk going around in general.

All you need to do is email your positive comments to:

environment.assessment@delwp.vic.gov.au

You'll be helping our town and community in a myriad of ways!

Comments close on the 21st of September - so please DO IT NOW! Why would be this good for the township of Warburton, the general public and possibly you!? Health, Economics - the lot. Get thinking and flick a quick email.

Section 1.2 of the draft scoping document specifies under the section 'Ministers requirements for this ESS':

• positive and adverse socio-economic effects, at local and regional scales, potentially generated by

the project, including impacts on the capacity of local community infrastructure; and

• potential cumulative impacts and benefits in relation to any other existing or planned projects or

tourism developments in the area.

So please... Send an email to this address and help out a great project!! :

environment.assessment@delwp.vic.gov.au

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I truly hope this process is fair but after the complete farce that was the NE link freeway EES I have my doubts..
For those who weren’t following it, an independent panel listened to 6 weeks of evidence on the project and made a final recommendation not to build the project that was presented (option A). The minister involved flat out rejected the recommendation and all the evidence (even very strong environmental concerns) and gave a approval.. That’s how big planning projects work in Victoria, the minister involved ticks or flicks no matter what the EES finds.. Those in the community with influence (political donations etc) have the power.. This is not to discourage people writing in to support the project, the more positive community feedback the harder it makes for the minister to justify rejecting the project..