Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
So trialled a 500m one I had in mind but have never done before. I usually stick to one area and lap the main trails there.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3528744172

After 5ish dry days, JJs was veeery slippy, LyreLyre was a bit wetter than tacky and Igor/H2F was running great.
Forecast has rain Mon, Tues and Weds so I imagine they'd run a bit more wet.

Only got 3 descending trails in due to transitioning between the areas.

Personally I think the most bang for buck to get out of our climbs would be one of the two routes:
1. Park at Olinda Creek Rd and do 4-5x LyreLyre laps.
One of the top 2 trails there but has the most variety of features (small doubles, drops, steep sections and berms, plus B line around all) so would likely appeal to all. Plus we can stop and session some of them and connect it all together. Cruisy fireroad up. Very bang for buck return on climbing.
Then we'll drive back to footy field to meet the rest of the burners.

or

2. Footy field, 2x To the Valley Below (not really any features, but long and fast enduro style trail), 2x Igor/HTF/No Strava (wooden gaps and drops mostly), Lower Bottlecaps (slippery heaven connection to car park).
Switchback singletrack climbs up and some fire road.

Both also let us stay not too far away from the cars incase someone has an off or mechanical.

Guys in second group, let me know what you'd prefer
Happy to go with the flow.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Final route set for the 1000m group.
Little bit of a hike out to Lyre Lyre but worth it. Takes in all 6 of the best descents.

Just under 30km, 1113m. Of course we can chop and change on the day as necessary depending on how everyone's feeling.
Or if everyone loves a particular trail we'll do it again :)

Conditions this morning were absolutely mint on most trails after only a couple of dry days. Fingers crossed the weather gods look after us.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Did almost 1000m with Quinn at the Youies today. Tracks have NEVER been running so mint. Worth considering as plan B if it’s super wet leading up to 13th?
"here's some trails closer to my place, we should do them instead"

(Not a bad idea honestly...)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did almost 1000m with Quinn at the Youies today. Tracks have NEVER been running so mint. Worth considering as plan B if it’s super wet leading up to 13th?
If conditions are like today you guy's will have to ride it. Perfect!
I PR'd a couple of sections and might have got in a sneaky Strava KOM lol.

But yeah, its not the place if its going to be pissing down or really wet leading up to it.

I've only been out to the Youies once and loved it, so happy for last minute changes if we're forced too. Play it by ear until we have a reliable forecast.
How does everyone else feel having Youies as a backup?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Or Harcourt even? Central AF for most people, and loves it moist.
Not sure how Central it'll be for the ones eastside...

Fingers crossed the weather holds up. Looking forward to riding somewhere new and putting some faces to names and bikes. :)

moorey

call me Mia
Not sure how Central it'll be for the ones eastside...

Fingers crossed the weather holds up. Looking forward to riding somewhere new and putting some faces to names and bikes. :)
Cuss those guys :D

Yeah, totes Silvan hopefully. Felix says it’s meant to be awesome...that kinda scares me TBH.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m going up tomorrow for a sticky beak. Little bit of rain forecast but fingers crossed it holds off.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Only managed 20km this morning before my legs were cooked but it was some of the best conditions I’ve ridden at Silvan. Absolutely prime damp/grippy soil everywhere. You guys will have a blast on Saturday if the week’s not too wet.