Bargain buys thread

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I also like the industrial look of the Kingdom Vendetta but struggle to justify the cost for a backup bike.
Shop has confirmed they have both steel Honzo and Torrent in stock, will report back on impulse purchasing.
Willing to bet the kingdom ti bikes are built by Waltly as well considering the delivery times quoted.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Cool, well there are these ones for same price, but don't think I'm game for those colours haha

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Torrent in steel was a 15.2 kg sled. Would be a great enduro thing but not really playful enough for me.
The search continues

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, heaviest frames going!
It just wasn't 'fun' to ride, would plough through rock gardens like a champ, but it was so long and heavy I really struggled to manual it.
I generally struggle to work out where the weight comes from in most of their bikes. With seemingly identical builds to other bikes, they routinely come in at 1-1.5kg extra. It’s a shame too, coz on paper, the new sight looked like something I would happily sell off numerous other bikes to buy...until I rode a mates....

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I generally struggle to work out where the weight comes from in most of their bikes. With seemingly identical builds to other bikes, they routinely come in at 1-1.5kg extra. It’s a shame too, coz on paper, the new sight looked like something I would happily sell off numerous other bikes to buy...until I rode a mates....
My 150/160mm all aluminium dually with overbuilt wheels weighs 15.3kg. Its like Norco screwed up the tube thickness on their current season bike order, recieved it and went (shrug) "fuck it, specs good, build em...".

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's the stickers. They use a very high density material to ensure they last longer.

That weight surprises me.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's the stickers. They use a very high density material to ensure they last longer.

That weight surprises me.
Osmium? An Osmium based sticker kit could well add 2kg. Reckon you're onto something.

Insider tip: If you own a current Norco dermal/inhalation exposure at room temperature should be avoided