My first timber feature

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I after watching a heap a Seth's bike hacks over the years I decided to build a timber feature, a drop albeit not quite a full on as the one at Seth's old place. It's not quite finished but it's getting there. Ended up being slightly inclined upwards, haven't riddent it yet hopefully works ok!
20200531_172713.jpg

Attachments

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So I after watching a heap a Seth's bike hacks over the years I decided to build a timber feature, a drop albeit not quite a full on as the one at Seth's old place. It's not quite finished but it's getting there. Ended up being slightly inclined upwards, haven't riddent it yet hopefully works ok!
View attachment 363718
"Slightly" inclined!?! o_O

Looks sturdily built, but gee whiz thay's gonna have some send to it!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yeah that's the person.

I don't mind some stuff he does, his later ytube stuff is better than the early stuff he put out.
From a trail building and design perspective, his advice is pretty poor.
But so are most of the "I built a feature in my backyard/local park/elsewhere without any legal permission or liability"

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt

This is the best example of what not to do. Absolutely horrific features and construction

Flow-Rider

Burner
From a trail building and design perspective, his advice is pretty poor.
But so are most of the "I built a feature in my backyard/local park/elsewhere without any legal permission or liability"
I haven't seen everything he's put out but I do remember the pump track he built where he broke his collar bone, time before that he was decking out a van for MTB life.
I haven't watched any of his stuff for a long time. I can't stand listening to him.
C'mon Poodle who doesn't need to know how to mount a bike.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Transition between feature and ground is not considered at all. It's no surprise the BKXC guy wants nothing to do with them.
There is another one where a BMX mate of his comes along and eats shit constantly

moorey

call me Mia

This is the best example of what not to do. Absolutely horrific features and construction
Watching that...seeing what dodgy shit Seth builds... I can’t understand how any of you listen to a word he says. It’s not ‘challenging’ it’s just poorly conceived and badly constructed. On that skinny with the jump over the tree, FFS, remove all the clutter of logs so people don’t kill themselves if they come off the edge.
The next time I see any of his reviews will be one time too many.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watching that...seeing what dodgy shit Seth builds... I can’t understand how any of you listen to a word he says. It’s not ‘challenging’ it’s just poorly conceived and badly constructed. On that skinny with the jump over the tree, FFS, remove all the clutter of logs so people don’t kill themselves if they come off the edge.
The next time I see any of his reviews will be one time too many.
I do not condone watching any of his vids, had this sent to me and it's constantly referenced when riding crap features