Little Things You Love

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Very neat. Wish mine was like that, instead of the bunnings hardware aisle assortment I ended up with...
Yep, very happy. Doesn't need to come out like plate and screws potentially do and the physio said if she's up to it she can get on the trainer in a week. Which she will of course.... :rolleyes:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Tidy surgery by an excellent surgeon. You know he understands riders needs when he has Pushys boxes on his desk. Collarbone. My wife's before and after. Tabletops are evil kids :)
Bugger. I assume it was a 30 footer (or so the story goes)

Scotty675

Cable thief
Tidy surgery by an excellent surgeon. You know he understands riders needs when he has Pushys boxes on his desk. Collarbone. My wife's before and after. Tabletops are evil kids :)
That's a neat repair job. Good surgeon there. Haven't seen a repair like that.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Very neat. Wish mine was like that, instead of the bunnings hardware aisle assortment I ended up with...
My left arm and ankle resemble that comment. Though have never felt the need to get cut open to have the hardware removed as it doesn't give me pain.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My left arm and ankle resemble that comment. Though have never felt the need to get cut open to have the hardware removed as it doesn't give me pain.
My collarbone hardware is mostly not too bad, but occasionally a bit painful if I've slept in a weird position or have tried to lift something really heavy, one of the tedons seems to be a little trapped. Is what it is.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
A good result then. How long did it take you to heal up?
My worst injury was snapping both bones in the forearm, that took about 2 months to regain full strength.
Got second behind Jason English in a 24hr in NZ after breaking the ankle and without full strength that took longer to recover from.
Currently still recovering from broken ribs 8 weeks ago, my advice kids is don't break ribs they are fucking painful and take ages to heal! Still can't sleep on my left side properly

Scotty675

Cable thief
My collarbone hardware is mostly not too bad, but occasionally a bit painful if I've slept in a weird position or have tried to lift something really heavy, one of the tedons seems to be a little trapped. Is what it is.
Do you wear a camel on your back? My hardware always gives me the shits and I get it taken out. The camel on my back always rubs the plate and gets tender.

moorey

call me Mia
Do you wear a camel on your back? My hardware always gives me the shits and I get it taken out. The camel on my back always rubs the plate and gets tender.
Same. I’ve got a golf ball lump on my shoulder. Can’t wear a camping pack, and a regular hydropack agitates it after a while. None of that with a Henty though.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep. I'm thinking I will get it taken out as it seems like it's not going to stop being a P.I.T.A. Unfortunately around the time I was going to look into it further was when COVID was just starting to kick off over here.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Same. I’ve got a golf ball lump on my shoulder. Can’t wear a camping pack, and a regular hydropack agitates it after a while. None of that with a Henty though.
Looks like I'd better try one of these Henty gizmos. Are they an elastic waits strap like a kidney bent or buckle?

moorey

call me Mia
Kidney belt and buckle with little pockets on the belt you can access without taking pack off. Has harness over the shoulder, but weight is carried in your hips, and you don’t feel it at all.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
That is exactly what the surgeon said about the plate and screw method. Said in a years she'd be back asking for the plate out as her hydration pack would drive her nuts. Hence another reason he uses an internal screw. One if the bonuses of going to an MTBing surgeon..