Are we all overbiked these days?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
not an event to be overbiked for
A great event to be running an XC bike with up to 100mm on the front... ridgid is optional, me ! Singlespeed is awesomensser(er)... Was a big day out in the mud. YouYangs... lovely.

Promised the kids a Youies run on the way to Derby 3 times now... always end up fucked up when driving to Melbourne.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
My 160/150 29er is shit at local boring trail centres hence I have my hardtail. Light trail bike was fun at local trail centres and I am considering turning the hardtail into a 120/130 charger with a frame change. Big bike is awesome at the places that don't officially exist and other proper places like Boomers.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The mud was the Wombat 100. Youies was dry as, both Kurrajong and stockyards.... would have liked a bigger bike for both.
Once upon a time I did a very wet 3-hour at Youies, massive puddles in places. Riding behind some dude on a fatbike was a treat, he'd hit a puddle & it was like parting the Red Sea & I'd have a dry channel, it was awesome! :D

Then I shot across to Wombat for the short-lived 24-hour. That was a mess.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
While we diverge.
Rosewhite NE Vic was an awesome 12 hr relay race but one year it was so muddy that i had to put the bike in the creeks to wash the chain , on the way , to stop chain suck .
This was in the days of small granny gears and no other way to get up the hills.
Next day took off the chain, it was pitted by small bits of quartz in the granitic mud.

moorey

call me Mia
Last Brackenbury 50k was enough for me. Headset, BB, chain, cassette...all utterly destroyed by grinding clay slurry.

slowmick

38-39"
Overbiked is so much better than under biked in the dark. Fire trails in the dark with fog and shit lights are down right scary on a hardtail. No chance of single track. On a 165mm/170mm dual suspension bike it's just things going bump in the night...