Bike storage shed ideas...

sc.

Likes Dirt
I have limited room in my shed and am trying to set it up to get back into some furniture making, which means I need another solution for the bikes. I could possibly clean out and reorganise our garden shed but I'm not convinced storing bikes in there is a great idea given how easy they are to break into, a bit of googling shows a lot of bike sheds that aren't any better in terms of security. Maybe some sort of lock bolted to the concrete slab in the garden shed could work? I was trying to avoid spending $1500 on some sort of bike locker, any ideas from you guys that have been through this before? I need room for three full size mountain bikes and two kids bikes.

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

cheers, Scotty

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Maybe some sort of lock bolted to the concrete slab in the garden shed could work?
I concreted in a big U Bolt into the shed floor when it was being built just for that purpose. Make sure it accessible and ends up somewhere that you unlock it easily. Thye will still get it it if they are keen and will only buy time.

Keep it all discrete and doors locked. One of those Aldi bike corral stands will hold 5 bikes easily if you get creative to tuck them in.

Last edited:
Reactions: sc.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I have limited room in my shed and am trying to set it up to get back into some furniture making, which means I need another solution for the bikes. I could possibly clean out and reorganise our garden shed but I'm not convinced storing bikes in there is a great idea given how easy they are to break into, a bit of googling shows a lot of bike sheds that aren't any better in terms of security. Maybe some sort of lock bolted to the concrete slab in the garden shed could work? I was trying to avoid spending $1500 on some sort of bike locker, any ideas from you guys that have been through this before? I need room for three full size mountain bikes and two kids bikes.

Apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

cheers, Scotty
I've hung them vertically off the walls. Got the holders from Bunnings for $10 each

T-Rex

Template denier
Yeah hang them vertically inside the house. Our bike room doubles as the wife’s office and it’s a pretty small room, takes 5 bikes plus her office stuff. They hang off a free standing timber frame, so no drilling into walls etc. can post a pic of u want.

sc.

Likes Dirt
Yeah hang them vertically inside the house. Our bike room doubles as the wife’s office and it’s a pretty small room, takes 5 bikes plus her office stuff. They hang off a free standing timber frame, so no drilling into walls etc. can post a pic of u want.
I love the idea but unfortunately it's not me that needs convincing.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Have a really good look at the space the bikes are taking up in their current location. Can that space be concentrated AND remain practical? Can that same concentrated but practical space then be created in the garden shed? Is there some other inefficiently used space in your shed that could targeted instead?

Have you given your problem the same thought that you might give to a design for a piece of furniture?

mekros

Likes Dirt
Can you post a pic please?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Make sure to leave a colourful but inexpensive bike unlocked next to the good ones. Junkies will be drawn to the bright colours.

tobbogonist

a registered member
We just moved back to renting for the first time in a few years and I had one requirement, two bedrooms.
One for us and another for.. I think 3 bikes worth of parts and another 3 bikes. They even have central heating.

Check bunnings storage section for the bike hangers, I've used them in the past and had them installed at a previous workplace. Saves a lot of room.