Bike storage shed ideas...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Do you teeter on top of that saddle, or just swallow it whole?

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Here you go. 90 x 45 radiata, some Bunnings hooks, triangulated with some 10mm ply. The vacant middle hook is for Junior's pending new jump bike, old jump bike was there last week, so it comfortably holds 5 bikes.

I already knew Mrs Rex was lovely. But if she allows you to encroach on her office space like that, well done my man. You've got yourself a keeper.

T-Rex

Template denier
I already knew Mrs Rex was lovely. But if she allows you to encroach on her office space like that, well done my man. You've got yourself a keeper.

Yes, I'm punching above my weight. She constantly reminds me....

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
My solution, uses some cheap non structural pine and 2 Bunnings bike hooks (Pinnacle Bicycle Hanger Hook).

Reactions: sc.

sbm

Likes Bikes
Currently I'm living in an apartment and we keep the bikes inside. It's been alright with a "bike tree" style rack like this https://www.99bikes.com.au/storage-2-bike-tree-stand

In the previous apartment we had a garage under the apartment block. I put a piece of wood up with two Dynabolts in the brick wall, and screwed some of those same Pinnacle bike hooks from Bunnings, we had 4 bikes on that. For security, I had my budget ground anchor, done rock climbing style, a big U-bolt that I glued into the wall (drill two holes ~1mm larger than the bolt leg diameter, clean and blow the cr*p out of them, push epoxy into holes with a chopstick, insert U-bolt, wipe away excess) and a heavy chain I had from somewhere that I would attach around the bikes with a U-lock. Some people did make fun of it as overkill, but I haven't had a bike stolen yet. And apartment garages are a bit infamous for theft.

M4RT0

Likes Bikes
When I moved from my traditional house/backyard with shed to a smaller townhouse/courtyard place closer to the city, I managed to fit one of these Keter storage shed in the front courtyard. It manged to fit my Demo and Stumpjumper top to tail without much hassle + many tyres. (both 26" though)

Definitely weather proof and the design is fairly secure. Can be a little expensive, but it has a floor to it and can be broken down again to relocate.

https://www.landera.com.au/outdoor-storage/keter-grande-store-1.9x1.1m/

Reactions: sc.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm assuming that hanging a bike like in T-rex's picture doesn't do any damage to the rim over time?

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Thought I would provide an update on my setup. Moved into a new place and hanging bikes vertically wasn't an option anymore as the handlebars got in the way.

The wheel are on Pinnacle tools holders from Bunnings, spare parts are in some Officeworks Ezy storage containers in the corner and tools go under the bikes. Seems to work well so far but open to any suggestions.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Here's an unholy grave dig but worthy of this thread since it is shed related.

Got one of these from AliExpress. I ran out of bike things to look at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004712647042.html