WA WTB Rad cage bolt..

Petero

Likes Dirt
Item: RAD cage mounting bolt
Price range/Willing to Pay: hopefully not much more than post.
Extra Info: This is a long shot, but.. Unbeknownst to me and seller, purchased Oneup RAD cage without realizing that the bolt was specific and required - as per pic here. Similar to a chainring bolt but smaller if anyone has any ideas too..

moorey

call me Mia
I’m the guilty party, and dreadfully sorry. That’s all that came from the bloke that sold it to me.
I’m just looking at the derailleur I have that came with RAD. Do these sit in behind top jockey to attach plate to the derailleur body? I tried to remove what look like the little grub screws, no Allen key fitted them. They just seem to have round holes. NFI sorry, but totes 100% refund you cobber. Again, sorry.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Had a look at mine and I can't see a solution without the proper bolt. I thought you may be able to mod a std cage bolt but they are shorter. Needs to be 12mm were std is 10mm. I can put up dimensions in someone has a solution.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I’m the guilty party, and dreadfully sorry. That’s all that came from the bloke that sold it to me.
I’m just looking at the derailleur I have that came with RAD. Do these sit in behind top jockey to attach plate to the derailleur body? I tried to remove what look like the little grub screws, no Allen key fitted them. They just seem to have round holes. NFI sorry, but totes 100% refund you cobber. Again, sorry.
Not a problem at all mate, will play around for a bit to see if I can sort it. It mounts to the derailleur body - the standard cage uses the mounting bolt (which is pressed in) as the thread for the top jockey wheel - whereby RAD cage as with new derailleurs have the jockey wheel mounted offset. to the bolt that holds the outer plate to the derailleur body.

Can you get the dimensions by emailing One Up and see if local bolt shop can assist?
The thought crossed my mind too, I may as well email them anyway - thanks for the tip.

Had a look at mine and I can't see a solution without the proper bolt. I thought you may be able to mod a std cage bolt but they are shorter. Needs to be 12mm were std is 10mm. I can put up dimensions in someone has a solution.
Yeah I did look at cutting down the standard bolt head such that it sits further in, but seems like a mess and makes the existing cage useless (in case I ever wanted to swap it back in.

Cheers for the responses guys.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Not a problem at all mate, will play around for a bit to see if I can sort it. It mounts to the derailleur body - the standard cage uses the mounting bolt (which is pressed in) as the thread for the top jockey wheel - whereby RAD cage as with new derailleurs have the jockey wheel mounted offset. to the bolt that holds the outer plate to the derailleur body.

The thought crossed my mind too, I may as well email them anyway - thanks for the tip.

Yeah I did look at cutting down the standard bolt head such that it sits further in, but seems like a mess and makes the existing cage useless (in case I ever wanted to swap it back in.

Cheers for the responses guys.
If your still looking in a week or two I can send you up bolt. I'm waiting to last parts for drivetrain swap this week.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Well OneUp just confirmed that this is a full custom made M7 x 0.75pitch. Also told me to go 12speed.

If your still looking in a week or two I can send you up bolt. I'm waiting to last parts for drivetrain swap this week.
Let me know how you get on with this mate.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
m7 x 0.75, lovely size.

is this the bolt the rad cage uses to mount to the clutch, or the bolts holding the jockey wheels on?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well OneUp just confirmed that this is a full custom made M7 x 0.75pitch. Also told me to go 12speed.
New bolt standard FFS! going 12 speed how rude as well. You need to do a dodgey fix on this to get it going then email them the bill :)
Can you modify the original bolt that came with the rd?
Micro shift advent is looking good to resist 12 speed.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I'm also investigating the cost of full M6000 gs cage, looks to be the same assembly with the offset jockey wheel that the rad achieves..

The M7 x 0.75 would actually be the Shimano standard, it's just the bolt head size on the RAD cage to allow the jockey wheel to be slightly offset.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm also investigating the cost of full M6000 gs cage, looks to be the same assembly with the offset jockey wheel that the rad achieves..
I think I have an M8000 cage if any use. Busted the knuckle on derailleur, but cage should be sweet.

Petero

Likes Dirt
apparently a m6000gs cage is 16 weeks from Shimano.. 10spd really is dead with the exception of microshift it seems.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Ahh yes, @moorey, purely to check the size of the mounting bolt (length, dia etc.) is the same as old M786 and the offset of the jockey wheel.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, assuming you mean the bolt to mount cage onto clutch/body of the m8000....there isn’t one.

Doesn’t appear removable to me.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Ok, assuming you mean the bolt to mount cage onto clutch/body of the m8000....there isn’t one.
Doesn’t appear removable to me.
It should unscrew from inside the clutch body through the axle as it's pressed into the cage plate as you can see - I'll shoot you a PM.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I put med cage back on derailleur tonight. Had a good look and recon I could turn down a grub screw to make a replacement. If you can't make do with another cage let me know.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Welp, didn't think that out as well as I thought. The offset wheel and cage hits the derailleur body.. Might try some more modding just for fun, but rad bolt still welcome...