What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw one of his videos the other day that looked like a section of Sawmill, big gnarly washed out rocky and he just gapped the thing like it was a pump track, insanity.
...where the trail opens up onto the big face of exposed rolling rock that spits you out onto the fire road? I saw that one and yes, he sends the start big then spreads the rest of it like soft butter. Wonderful to watch. He last time I rode that trail I attempted something similar...launched in about 7% as far as he did and my front wheel jammed on the inside of a tree root or log. Over the bars to the cheers of the crew I had with me.

It's a sweet part of that trail.

If your expectations were built to a mini Vapour then I completely understand your disappointment.

Dungog is definitely worth checking out, if we're using Stromlo as a guide it's probably similar to a mini Sunset Boulevard.
I missed your edit earlier with the photo insert. Opening the area up to more diverse range of use makes a lot more sense of the trail/line than the gnar filled froth hype I'd heard before going there.

I've heard good things of dungog. One day I'll have a nostalgic day trip and check it out (significant % of my childhood was spent there). I might even have a sleep over at one of my friends houses like the old days!

Rode the local dirt lumps again today. Put some work in to getting one handers back on the can do list. Currently it's a brief panic off and on the bar. But I hope to be touching my helmet again soon.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
...where the trail opens up onto the big face of exposed rolling rock that spits you out onto the fire road? I saw that one and yes, he sends the start big then spreads the rest of it like soft butter. Wonderful to watch. He last time I rode that trail I attempted something similar...launched in about 7% as far as he did and my front wheel jammed on the inside of a tree root or log. Over the bars to the cheers of the crew I had with me.

It's a sweet part of that trail.
That's the one, such a rad bit of trail but Jack shows some amazing commitment in that clip.

I missed your edit earlier with the photo insert. Opening the area up to more diverse range of use makes a lot more sense of the trail/line than the gnar filled froth hype I'd heard before going there.

I've heard good things of dungog. One day I'll have a nostalgic day trip and check it out (significant % of my childhood was spent there). I might even have a sleep over at one of my friends houses like the old days!
Yes, sorry. I couldn't remember who'd sent me the photo then I found it after I'd posted hence the edit. That trail had been in the planning even before the term "flow trail" was coined so it's frustrating when people don't acknowledge it for what it is and what it provides, nothing personal mind, just setting the record straight.

A day trip is all you'll need for Dungog, especially if you're not interested in the old XC loop, definitely worth a visit though.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had last week off work so was lucky enough to be down the Peninsular as all this further lockdown madness hit Melbourne.

Cant believe how awesome the Red Hill trails run in the middle of winter, so nice!

Home now, so today was back into the slosh of my local trails.
But came across this stick jammed into the ground right in the 'over the bars zone' after a big drop.
Can't think of any good reasons it would be there! :mad:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Plan to ride and explore Bouddi got cut short by a nice little storm front rolling in. Had time to do a quick ride from Hardy’s Bay up to Tallow Beach lookout and take in a reccy of Phoenix DH in the failing light. Fun adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
love the colour saturation in those shots, are they just on a phone camera?..great photo's, well done!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Built a mini dh bike.

Took it for a spin and absolutely hated it. Dh sleds can eat a bag. Enduro are better everywhere except massive rock gardens.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
That did not turn out how I thought it would.
Thought you’d have a ball on this thing, jumping around plowing into stuff.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Built a mini dh bike.

Took it for a spin and absolutely hated it. Dh sleds can eat a bag. Enduro are better everywhere except massive rock gardens.

Where did you ride?

I found a dh utterly lifeless unless there was enough steep to push me. And when there is enough steep to bring a dh to life, I'm so shit scared I might aswell be on my hardtail at the speed I go

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where did you ride?

I found a dh utterly lifeless unless there was enough steep to push me. And when there is enough steep to bring a dh to life, I'm so shit scared I might aswell be on my hardtail at the speed I go

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I rode some dh on the peninsula. Much prefer the enduro.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
love the colour saturation in those shots, are they just on a phone camera?..great photo's, well done!
Yeah just iPhone, edited the lightning shot but the others are straight off the camera roll untouched. It was pretty impressive light going on post storm, hard to focus on trail when the surrounds are that stunning. Lucky the DH track was under tree cover with no distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Had last week off work so was lucky enough to be down the Peninsular as all this further lockdown madness hit Melbourne.

Cant believe how awesome the Red Hill trails run in the middle of winter, so nice!

Home now, so today was back into the slosh of my local trails.
But came across this stick jammed into the ground right in the 'over the bars zone' after a big drop.
Can't think of any good reasons it would be there! :mad:

View attachment 364860
Hit any shiny pine tree roots one pins and needles? That trail is dicey when damp. Fall line is short but i love it. So fast and fun. Did you get out to Eatons at all? Definitely worth a visit next time but no go pro.