COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We are idiots here. Don't expect to see any progressive action, only too little too late.
The majority of people are no doubt, doing the right thing, but some people really just don't care, can only imagine what SA will look like if we relapse, It won't be any different than anywhere else.

The biggest mistake NSW did was announce border closure and allow people 3.5 days to move around. The queues at Bordertown to SA were 100 cars deep the whole of Wednesday before the midnight shut. Really surprised we don't have anything here yet... reckon it's just a bit of luck.

What a major f#%k up for a country that was doing so well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw also have UV sterilizer devices to keep this shit off your phones! Maybe these could be used to sterilize online purchases...

The majority of people are no doubt, doing the right thing, but some people really just don't care, can only imagine what SA will look like if we relapse, It won't be any different than anywhere else.
I think you have that back to front. My observations suggest the majority don't do the right thing.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder what the economic cost of the current 6-week Melbourne lockdown will be for the state, and the cost of the next outbreak elsewhere, and so on. NZ locked down for 6 weeks didn't they?
Numbers thrown around 6 billion in vic for the 6 week lockdown and will cost the national acounts ~ 12billion.

I don't think Gladys will be intimidated by anyone - she seems well aware that it's a lot more serious now that we're dealing with community transmission instead of cases among returning travellers in quarantine.
“Every time we have an outbreak, we can’t afford to lockdown, reopen, lockdown, reopen. That’s no way to live or to be able to instil confidence to businesses to keep employing people.”

Don’t disagree with her but that doesn’t really sound like it’s following the suppresion strategy of “ring fencing” lockdowns etc etc..

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Don’t disagree with her but that doesn’t really sound like it’s following the suppresion strategy of “ring fencing” lockdowns etc etc..
I heard that on the radio driving to work this morning too. Guessing that NSW still has a low enough active case count to be able to contact trace them all effectively and ensure that all affected individuals self-isolate, preventing a VIC-like outbreak. Gladys is placing her faith in the NSW health system and also in people to do the right thing for now.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The ACT has been doing well, but I fear that the end of school holidays this weekend will bring a people back into Canberra who have been holidaying or visiting the hotspots. The kids will all be off to school and before we know it we could have an outbreak on our hands.

The evidence out of Israel is that the theory "kids can't/don't spread it at school" is total BS. They are pretty much attributing their second wave to re-opening schools.

There is also mounting evidence that you can catch it more than once or that at least immunity may not be for ever.

It's a terrible thought, but there is a possibility that life won't go back to "normal" any time soon and we might have a long protracted period of people having to be more physically distant from one another to avoid the transmission of contagious diseases.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The rumour is next level restrictions are about to be announced for Vic. Can't leave your postcode and curfews.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The rumour is next level restrictions are about to be announced for Vic. Can't leave your postcode and curfews.
Can't see this happening, just policing it would be a nightmare and if people are already breaking restrictions there is no way they'd be following these ones.
I'd also be interested what would happen in suburbs like mine where there are literally 0 shops and we are less than 100m from 2 other postcodes...

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
hmm...definitely have been reading of some 'stage 4' talk but not specifics. where did you read this?
apparently we'll have 238 new cases announced today and three deaths one death (dans on now)

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve heard all the rumours and talk as well. First heard it a couple days ago from a friend that works in state government.
I think all this talk around it is priming us for stage 4 is they need to go that route.
Just dropping it like bombshell won’t go down well.
But spending a few days talking about it resigns to the inevitable.
Heard a bunch of people at the coffee shop discussing it this morning.
All of them sounded resigned to it.
I think it’s some clever psychology.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This morning's press conference makes it sound like they are using stage 4 as a 'threat' (start following the rules or we'll make it worse), but further restrictions would be targeted at specific groups and/or areas rather than across the board lockdown