COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Ballarat has been clear for months. We just recorded a couple of new cases. I bet we have a lot more identified within a week.
I’m not saying it was Melbourne people swarming here over school holidays...but it was Melbourne people swarming here over school holidays:(
Those cases have been retracted as an error

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ballarat has been clear for months. We just recorded a couple of new cases. I bet we have a lot more identified within a week.
I’m not saying it was Melbourne people swarming here over school holidays...but it was Melbourne people swarming here over school holidays:(
Don't be silly; we all know no Melbournian wants to go to Ballarat...

:p

But yes, school holidays came at a really bad time. I think a lot of schools were in the middle of their mini outbreaks and then all at once all those kids got spread across the country

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The number of people getting a second release of super funds is crazy.

In the week to 5 July, straddling the two financial years, super funds received 511,000 withdrawal applications.

“Out of the 511,000 applications received, 165,000 were for members applying for early release for the first time and 346,000 were for members applying for the second time,” APRA said.

“The average amount applied for by those making a repeat application was $8,904.”

With applications for a second withdrawal oepning up the week prior, more than 473,000 second-round withdrawals have been submitted, just days into the new financial year. Those second withdrawals alone represent an additional $4.2 billion drained from the super system.

And then I got this email today too about something else:

In your age bracket 35 to 39, did you know the average super balance is $64,590 for males and $48,874 for females*?
So taking $20K out from those small amounts is very scary.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
The number of people getting a second release of super funds is crazy.

And then I got this email today too about something else:

So taking $20K out from those small amounts is very scary.
I had an acquaintance proudly tell me that he and his wife were taking $20k of super out in the first round to fund some new tits for her, he got mad when I told him that I thought it foolish, the clincher that settled their stupidity was they only had about $26k in super to begin with.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Pretty much what we're expecting up here

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I had an acquaintance proudly tell me that he and his wife were taking $20k of super out in the first round to fund some new tits for her, he got mad when I told him that I thought it foolish, the clincher that settled their stupidity was they only had about $26k in super to begin with.

atleast he’ll have some new toys to play with in lockdown. That’s funny as fuck.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You need some new acquaintances.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I guess funding some brains for both would be too expensive.