The QUICK question thread.....

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
What tyre pressure for 4x6 box trailer? Moving blue metal dust ... contact patch included a fair bit of sidewall.

Think they old commodore stock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen
If it's piled up a bit you're trying to carry about 4 tonnes on 2 tyres. They were designed to take about 1 1/2 tonnes on 4. You might be asking for trouble.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
What tyre pressure for 4x6 box trailer? Moving blue metal dust ... contact patch included a fair bit of sidewall.

Think they old commodore stock wheels.

6x4? Why 4x6? Read the tyre sidewall, it will state maximum pressure vs maximum load, work from that. For example, 800kg at 340 kPa. Assuming an unbraked trailer the maximum gross mass is 750kg thus 375kg per side. Say 170kPa plus alpha. Say 200 - 250 kPa. If the blue metal is wet add another 0.5t / m3. I usually work on 2.5 t / m3 for sand and crusher dust and less as the particles get bigger so if dry you can put about 0.2 - 0.25m3 in and if wet then about 0.15m3. Ish.

Last edited:

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
6x4? Why 4x6? Read the tyre sidewall, it will state maximum pressure vs maximum load, work from that. For example, 800kg at 340 kPa. Assuming an unbraked trailer the maximum gross mass is 750kg thus 375kg per side. Say 170kPa plus alpha. Say 200 - 250 kPa. If the blue metal is wet add another 0.5t / m3. I usually work on 2.5 t / m3 for sand and crusher dust and less as the particles get bigger so if dry you can put about 0.2 - 0.25m3 in and if wet then about 0.15m3. Ish.
6x4...thanks

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Did you just write 50psi in a lot of words and numbers?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I got between 30 and 35 out of it....didn’t check them before picking up the load...they were probably pretty low

I've done that before with a load of sand. Luckily the yard guys had a long compressor hose for just that purpose !

stirk

Burner
I like the look of this one, it's on order, cheers
Fek, the dissector tyre arrived and it's WT and my rims are 25.5mm. description on the web shop had no mention of WT except at the very bottom of the page which listed all tyre versions.

Stuff it, I'll run them as I'll
A) not notice any difference
B) never use the side knobs....

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fek, the dissector tyre arrived and it's WT and my rims are 25.5mm. description on the web shop had no mention of WT except at the very bottom of the page which listed all tyre versions.

Stuff it, I'll run them as I'll
A) not notice any difference
B) never use the side knobs....
What width tyre did you get ?

stirk

Burner
Bike smashed by car. Insurance wants to play games with depreciated value. Can I expect not be out of pocket significantly? Rules on this kind of stuff?
sorry to hear that, you ok?
I've got my bike insured for agreed value based on replacement cost to ensure if it gets stolen or broken I can get a bike of equal quality at today's prices. I think unless you have agreed value insurance you'll get bluebook value back. It's worth pushing them given you have spent $1000's on upgrades....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Talk to your contents insurer. Explain the situation and see what they would pay and/or go into bat for you.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
THanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot. Contents insurer is same as the other persons vehicle insurer.... could be interesting...
In that case I would probably go to a lbs, get a quote and send a letter of demand to the driver. Google has lots of form letters. Make sure it is for rrp plus a restocking fee, fuck around fee, can only get top range kit etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bike smashed by car. Insurance wants to play games with depreciated value. Can I expect not be out of pocket significantly? Rules on this kind of stuff?
Is the bike insured new for old under your contents policy? I've never had to deal with a depreciated bike value before.

I think you would be wise to press hard on the driver at fault and their insurer. There is no way you should be out of pocket because of another person's incompotence