DH New bike build

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Sick. Trying to figure out how it drivers the shock - have you got photos of that or the drawings so we can see???

latheboy

Likes Dirt
@yuley95

The swing arm pivots off the hole to the tip and there are dog bones that pull on the shaft you can see on the dick and balls link in the frame.
Its just a no to style link set up with the shock in a different position.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
You need to lean that wall over this way about 45 degrees.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
It was at 45 and much bigger, had to take it down from where it was so put it up in the boys bedroom..
I'm about to out up a 4 metre wall in the backyard at 20° with a 2 metre roof :) can't go too crazy yet, kids are only 5 and 7.. Nice boulder height on the roof haha

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Right so an update.
I had done a heap of shuttle days at bright and buller on it and a random rattle appeared.
Gave it a check over and found nothing so apart it came.
Got all the way down to the bare frame and nothing.. shit.. stripped the paint and it was all good.. double shit.
Stressing now and moved a heap of stuff on the bench and something rattled.. wtf
I found the mud guard on the DVO's are mounted on shoulder bolts and it didn't pull up hard. So the noise had travelled and I thought it was my frame.. dickhead..
Gave it a quick rattle can and gave my boys a silver and gold texta each to draw on it
Looks shit, so I should give it some love.

That was 6 months ago and now
Its just collecting dust ..
Last time I rode it I did think about making it a single speed or even just a 2 speed because dh bike!!
I've got to get my moto back together for drag racing before I work on this again.

I got a bit jaded with the whole bike building thing, I was going to take it to the custom bike show in Melbourne and months before spoke to a bloke about a new frame I going to build. Geo, design etc.
High pivot gearbox all mountain/endruo/ buzzword bike.
I didn't make it to the show but he did with my bike.
Pissed me off a bit but I should have known better than to talk to strangers..

Now after seeing the dreadnought owned by @The Reverend I've got interested again in the gearbox bike.
Time to get my shit together again..

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Melbourne and months before spoke to a bloke about a new frame I going to build. Geo, design etc.
High pivot gearbox all mountain/endruo/ buzzword bike.
I didn't make it to the show but he did with my bike.
Pissed me off a bit but I should have known better than to talk to strangers..
Wasn't the Trinity bike was it?

Doesn't look like that's coming out any time soon, so I dare say you'd still get it out first if you kicked off again now.