What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This has taken waaaaay tooooo loooong. Though in actual working time only 4 or 5 days. Which idiot decided to build an octagonal gazebo and then want to put a ceiling in it?

Anyways. 936 screws holding 15 lengths of 22mm ceiling battens in place. 6 squillion cuts with the red and green snips and only minor injuries. So far.

Just be warned if you move out onto acreage the spiders are quite large and build steel webs.

Quite happy with the manhole. I have done these before framing them up with pine, this time I was lucid enough to google and found Bunnies sell a 600x600 frame which just needs trim timbers so that is done. The manhole allows access to the remote receiver that powers the lights, this is so I can switch the lights on at the house without having to dig a trench and somehow get wires under the paving on the verandah and into the house for a switch.

Extra battens at the sheet joins and the centre section has been brought to the same level as the battens. The millions of screws will come out once the adhesive has set and the sheets screwed through this into the frame and bracing ply above. H3 pine trim around the outside for a 10mm shadow line. Pretty happy with how it has worked out but 123% over climbing up and down scaffolding to test fit, measure, cut and then fit the battens. As the tank isn't a perfect circle none of the measurements are the same. I did make up two cutting templates so all I had to do was mark the edge of the trusses and then mark and cut off the template. There is a gap between the ends of the battens to allow for the joiner between the sheets.

My right hand (red) Wiss snips have done a power of work, built a couple of sheds, garages and general abuse. Mind have to buy a new set. The LH snips cut so much easier.

Next job is to paint the back of the exterior grade VJ sheeting before measuring and fitting.

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Fucking cheap junk.

Working towards building a 2.5hp compressor, but it’s weeks away.

Using a pathetic baby 14LPM Stanley piece of junk. Run times maybe 1 hour for it’s entire life.

A brush on the motor is not contacting the commutator.

if you want to get rid of it, I'm willing to take it off your hands..
I am building up a mini compressor too, but am looking at options for receivers, this would be perfect..PM me if you want to off load

link1896

Mr Greenfield
if you want to get rid of it, I'm willing to take it off your hands..
I am building up a mini compressor too, but am looking at options for receivers, this would be perfect..PM me if you want to off load
sorry I'll be fixing it, handy at times even after I get the monster going again

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Went to grab the plumb bob and drop the centre to the floor but couldn't find it. Been a few years. I suspect someone who was passing through to pay for his Yeti stole it to use as a butt plug. Anyway that is another story.

So I turned this up this afternoon to get me sorted. Just a bit of aluminium barstock which is a touch light so I bored it and filled the inside with depleted uranium. Then capped it with a holey stainless bolt with builders' line. The best news is you can see the centre mark day or night...