Bargain buys thread

madstace

Likes Dirt
I had become the Australian distributor for Crank Brothers shortly after they released their "amazing" Eggbeater pedal.
Fixed it for you :p
Don't get me wrong, I also found it amazing they built in a float number so big clipping out was knee destroying, not to mention the eject button that could only be operated by fate :rolleyes:

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
Fixed it for you :p
Don't get me wrong, I also found it amazing they built in a float number so big clipping out was knee destroying, not to mention the eject button that could only be operated by fate :rolleyes:
I still have their pedals on all my bikes.
I loved their Quattro road pedal.

I’m 53, my knees are better now than when I rode motorcycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That was an uncomfortable meeting. I assured them that we could still sell them. But I’d clearly broken the assumed contract of being a complete stooge & team player. It took them a while, but they were off to seek out a new distributor pretty much from that point on.

It’s really hard. I know that they’d put their heart & soul into it but I couldn’t look past the obvious shortcomings.

Conventional wheels are not some compromised design.
They are exactly the result of near 200 years of development, innovation & refinement. That’s why they can be so cheap, yet work so well.

Do you think Mello and Jason have done a good job with the Synthesis wheels?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Scotty675

Cable thief

Seem reasonably priced for prices these days.
Only available in 170 and 175 boost at that price.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
MTB direct back with the fake sales. Apparently 25% off Shimano shoes. I was looking at a pair of ME5's on the website the other day, listed at $179 and got 99 bikes to beat the price. Now with '25%' discount, they are $175!

I like their gear, but man is it deceptive. How does that build confidence with your customers?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
MTB direct back with the fake sales. Apparently 25% off Shimano shoes. I was looking at a pair of ME5's on the website the other day, listed at $179 and got 99 bikes to beat the price. Now with '25%' discount, they are $175!

I like their gear, but man is it deceptive. How does that build confidence with your customers?

You're paying for the customer service that they supply, there was a fuckup between a wholesaler and them, they made the wholesaler send me the correct items direct to my home with a 24hr courier.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Their email says 25% off RRP so basically you’re complaining about them pricing below RRP normally?

northvanguy

Likes Dirt

Have to remember that if the particular shoes you wanted were already discounted but no other Shimano shoes then they need to adjust the price to ensure the entire promotion works. In theory the price of the shoes you were looking at could have gone up to align with the promo had the discount been greater than the 25% promo.

That said, I have noticed over time that MTB Direct promotions are a bit all over the shop price wise... Not sure if deliberate or not. Sometimes it seems so random I find it hard to believe it's intentional.

I shop there when the price is competitive just for the extra level of service you get. You pretty much pay a slight insurance premium over others to know if you have a problem they'll sort you out.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
Do you think Mello and Jason have done a good job with the Synthesis wheels?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
My recollection of Mello is very positive. I don’t know Jason.
I can say this. After more than 25 years of industry & 30 plus years of mountain biking, I’m not convinced that a wheel’s compliance through soft spoke tensions & low spoke counts will deliver anything but flex & failure. We have tyres & suspension for performing the functions of compliance and grip.
To my mind, a wheel is there to deliver the rider inputs of acceleration, braking & turning with the least amount of loss or distortion as possible.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Banshee frame prices at mtbdirect are incredibly low @ $2k w/ shock- Titan (M&L in Red), Rune (S&M) and Phantom (M).

If only they had an XL Prime or XL any really for this price :(
Thanks for that. Been eying an XL spitfire for ages!

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk