Bargain buys thread

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As I am slightly simple I can’t link on my ipooooodinmytrousers .
but Cycle Station are doing a sale on Kona Dew (s) 10% off - someone was looking for one recently
also Rocky Mountain are gaining a frame upgrade on the instinct A50

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Chain Reaction with $20 off a Brand-X Ascend XL dropper seat post. If you sign up with a new account, that's $40 off so $235... very very good for a brand new 170mm or 200mm dropper post!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Speaking of which, I rode my mate's Specialized Stumpjumper (L) and it had a 150mm dropper, it let me lean into the corners and I thought it felt fine.

With that in mind and hearing that longer droppers are less durable than shorter, I'm thinking of buying a 150mm dropper instead. As someone that's never had one before, do you think I'm making a terrible mistake?

moorey

call me Mia
Speaking of which, I rode my mate's Specialized Stumpjumper (L) and it had a 150mm dropper, it let me lean into the corners and I thought it felt fine.

With that in mind and hearing that longer droppers are less durable than shorter, I'm thinking of buying a 150mm dropper instead. As someone that's never had one before, do you think I'm making a terrible mistake?
How tall are you? 150mm is more than enough for my 173cm...and usually the longest I can run in my frame. Taller mates wouldn’t touch under 200mm.