No, you build it yourself!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Daughter turned 13 today (I figure that puts me in my mid 20s somewhere?) and as per my previous wanted ad, I got her a Titus "el guapo" frame. I had a few bits lying around, and thanks to a few burners I've managed to piece the rest together.

Frame - 2011(?) Titus el guapo 155mm
Shock - monarch plus
Forks - fox 36 talas 160mm
Wheels - dtswiss ex500 on Kore rear hub and ?? Front
Brakes - old xt calipers with slightly less old deore levers and super purty cables
Driveline - xt 11sp, old race face cranks

Such a wicked looking bike and super tempting to chuck some extra air in the suspension and take it for a spin.

...and I made her put it together. Watched every step, helped torque bolts up properly (first time that torque wrench has been used I think ), laughed when she put the caliper adapter on the outside of the is tabs. Quality time.

Thanks everyone that supplied bits at short notice, she's super chuffed. skipped lunch to finish it so she could give it a test run even.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
That is awesome. Super cool bike, must be super cool kid. I can't wait to teach my daughter how to accidentally contaminate brake pads, forget to tighten stem bolts and the leave the front QR undone. Some things just need to be passed down the generations to preserve tradition.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Top stuff Plank, and we'll done Missosaurus for getting the job done.

Now we wait to see how long before she topples all your PR's.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Great stuff plank, bike looks seriously sweet and it's great that your daughter is getting into the building side of things as well!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nice @Plankosaurus. Good to see you kept those spiffy levers for yourself! :p
Wifey has those. They're ace, feel super comfy, but the shape is all wrong for one finger braking. They paired up nicely with a set of ye Olde xt 4pots, makes a really cool brakeset.

If I'm being honest, this whole build was about those brake lines. Don't suit any of my bikes and too cool to not use, I was left with no choice but to get another bike going. My hands were tied

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Top stuff Plank, and we'll done Missosaurus for getting the job done.

Now we wait to see how long before she topples all your PR's.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
Given my unique riding style of landing in my head on the first jump of the run, I'd say it won't be long

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Awesome. Did she enjoy the build? As the dad of a 10yo i would love to do this but i reckon she might not dig it as much as me...

now you just need stupid COVID to go away so you can slay some sick trails together in slow motion, laughing all the way.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Awesome. Did she enjoy the build? As the dad of a 10yo i would love to do this but i reckon she might not dig it as much as me...

now you just need stupid COVID to go away so you can slay some sick trails together in slow motion, laughing all the way.
She loved it. I think a big part of it was that it was a new and exciting toy that she couldn't use till she put it together. But she's definitely got an interest in these things and wasn't half as bad at it as I thought she'd be (she's barely used a screwdriver before, let alone a torque wrench or BB tool).

I nearly had to be physically restrained all week so I wouldn't just go out there and build it, not sure who was more excited about it

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Daughter turned 13 today (I figure that puts me in my mid 20s somewhere?) and as per my previous wanted ad, I got her a Titus "el guapo" frame. I had a few bits lying around, and thanks to a few burners I've managed to piece the rest together.

Frame - 2011(?) Titus el guapo 155mm
Shock - monarch plus
Forks - fox 36 talas 160mm
Wheels - dtswiss ex500 on Kore rear hub and ?? Front
Brakes - old xt calipers with slightly less old deore levers and super purty cables
Driveline - xt 11sp, old race face cranks

Such a wicked looking bike and super tempting to chuck some extra air in the suspension and take it for a spin.

...and I made her put it together. Watched every step, helped torque bolts up properly (first time that torque wrench has been used I think ), laughed when she put the caliper adapter on the outside of the is tabs. Quality time.

Thanks everyone that supplied bits at short notice, she's super chuffed. skipped lunch to finish it so she could give it a test run even.

Good to see the hammer front and centre in an ‘apprentice’ bike build !

ausdb

Being who he is
The force is strong in this one, great to see her taking an interest in the dark arts. Awesome bike too! :)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've been battling with her for months about rolling down these stairs near home. With new bike comes new confidence and desire to try new things.

Down the stairs

And play around the rocks to boot

Worth the effort already