Increase in Dickhead behaviour?

Coopz

Likes Dirt
I've ridden mtbs for recreation and fitness for over 20 years but the last 12 months I've seen a sharp increase in general Dickhead/selfish prick behaviour.

Last weekend as an example I'm riding at the Ohalloran Hill mtb park with a mate on a 2 way trail. We we going uphill when 3 riders came around a corner going the other way. Seen they were going faster we both moved to the left and gave them space. The first guy slows a bit and pulls wide and says thanks, the other 2 wankers go hammering past without making any effort to give room, the last guy even clips my handlebar as he flys past, putting a nice scratch on the bar end, 1cm from my finger. 'Thanks for that' I yellout 'your fault' was his reply... Even though I'm almost completely off the track.
Then 30m later on the Shape Shifter course another hero flys around the outside of me without any warning, had to back right off to avoid hitting his rear, I'm not a fast rider but I wasnt going slow either.

They are just 2 examples but I see bad behaviour almost every time I go to a popular bike park.

Not sure why so many idiots are racing on public tracks with hikers and dogs wandering around? 5 years ago it was never like this. Are they all just using timing apps to race against themselves?

Most do the right thing but there seems to be more and more elitists on highend bikes riding like fuck heads.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Just realised how much of an old man rant this will be
I think that the biggest driver of this is "new" MTB riders.
Those that have jumped on the bandwagon and not been introduced by experienced peers.
So many entitled groms who never had to fight for trail access and have just come on the scene since land managers started funding trails.
None of these guys are happy to grab a shovel or a set of loppers either

Flow-Rider

Burner
Avoid major trail networks like the plague during peaks times or go out further to another network that's harder for them to work out a loop on. I've seen the fuckwittery turn up to trails myself. E-bikes aren't helping any in my neck of the woods either, seeing more and more inexperienced riders out the back where the harder trails are.

Just realised how much of an old man rant this will be
I think that the biggest driver of this is "new" MTB riders.
Those that have jumped on the bandwagon and not been introduced by experienced peers.
So many entitled groms who never had to fight for trail access and have just come on the scene since land managers started funding trails.
None of these guys are happy to grab a shovel or a set of loppers either
I started to type something out like that and thought nar, most people on here get it and the ones that need to read it never will.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok boomers...

But yes...although moto's are becoming a bigger issues here lately. Particularly a large group of young, disgruntled ex-MTB riders, unlicenced on unregistered bikes, intentionally taunting the building of fantastic new local trails ( they had let their club membership lapse, and were turned away from club shuttle day, and got pissy). They know the tracks and building isn't sanctioned, so they think they're untouchable.....but if they get caught in the process by the builders, it could get messy.

Not an ebike hate, but yes, its bringing inexperienced and uncouth riders out to tracks that were previously out of their reach.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, my local has had 2 way informal trails for over 20 years and just recently the new crop of riders are getting a bit upset in the online fake book pages when they bomb down a trail a come across a rider climbing. Know your history dickheads!

Also why do new riders need to skid into every corner or at every obstacle, especially after the rain. Do they love riding breaking bumps? dickheads!

The only positive thing is those dickheads that buy new bikes, don’t ride them and sell them cheap. I love those dickheads!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
My local trails were definitely free of most fuckwittery due to steep hills.
E-bikes have negated that and now there is plenty of punters around chewing the wet trails to pieces
same thing happened in macedon, also some dick let the word out about the trails & every tom, dick & Jpez from west melbourne appeared, with their enduro-bro 4wd shuttling bucket of kfc eating fat pr$#%ks. destroyed the trails for us rigid SS’ers, i can’t get my 70deg Ha bikes down the trails anymore due to ruts

moorey

call me Mia
same thing happened in macedon, also some dick let the word out about the trails & every tom, dick & Jpez from west melbourne appeared, with their enduro-bro 4wd shuttling bucket of kfc eating fat pr$#%ks. destroyed the trails for us rigid SS’ers, i can’t get my 70deg Ha bikes down the trails anymore due to ruts
The decent trails...and they're all decent, are no place for SS rigid bikes......ever stop to think that this thread is about you?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yep, my local has had 2 way informal trails for over 20 years and just recently the new crop of riders are getting a bit upset in the online fake book pages when they bomb down a trail a come across a rider climbing. Know your history dickheads!

Also why do new riders need to skid into every corner or at every obstacle, especially after the rain. Do they love riding breaking bumps? dickheads!

The only positive thing is those dickheads that buy new bikes, don’t ride them and sell them cheap. I love those dickheads!
Too many dickheads for me.

And it's braking FFS ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Its not as if we didnt already know before the public covid response highlighted it, but there are a lot of fuckwits out there. It was always inevitable some of them would go mountain biking...
Same farkin people in tradie utes on the road are now in the bush. They'll be sussing out the land for future developments, poke a stick in their front wheel I reckon.:p .