Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had never heard of them, but their rear shocks look like a work of art.
Seem to have some far credentials in a number of different motorsports!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I've been waiting for these for a while now but my Mezzer has diluted the desire somewhat. $2500 is pretty insane. And using X Fusion Trace 36RC lowers! They could have least given them a coat of clear to make them appear a little more premium (looking at you Rockshox)
If the new CSU doesn't creek it'll still work out cheaper than a fox 36 and the 3 CSUs you'll go through in the 24 months of owning the fork :D

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

teK--

Eats Squid
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/vorsprung-introduces-the-secus-air-spring-system.html

Someone please buy one of these things and tell me how long before it gets sheered off, damaging the valve of the air shaft with it.
But vorsprung seems to know what they are doing.
yeah I was thinking that... it could end up being very loud, and messy if that snaps off...

Interesting design though, I'm trying to work out if it's just a hugggee external negative spring? Then you would pump up the positive spring more than usual, but avoid too much ramp up since the positive chamber is also increased in size.

SDA

Likes Dirt
I'm thinking about a new 160mm fork and i'm curious about a Zeb, a Mezzer and an Ohlins.

Is there any support for Manitou here in Australia? Does everyone service them themselves? What do you do if there is an issue with the damper?

Thanks

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm thinking about a new 160mm fork and i'm curious about a Zeb, a Mezzer and an Ohlins.

Is there any support for Manitou here in Australia? Does everyone service them themselves? What do you do if there is an issue with the damper?

Thanks
Seems non existent. I contacted cycling deal about purchasing a mezzer locally and they could not even get one in as the manitou distributor.

I ordered one anyway from os and if I run into any issues that I can't solve myself I will send over to shockcraft in NZ.

Dougal has sorted some warranty issues with a manitou product in the past and his service was excellent.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Reactions: SDA

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
What @the drizzle said. Dougal at Shockcraft in NZ sorted a warranty issue for me a few years ago too. Was a painless experience.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Thanks
The Zeb will have the best aftermarket support hands down. The Ohlins distro is based in Thailand but they work closely with NS Dynamics. As mentioned Manitou local distro is Cyclingdeal but most likely you will be getting warranty work done in NZ with Shockcraft.

If its any consolation Mtb Suspension Centre (and presumably NS Dynamics) have a good relationship with Shockcraft. They have been able to service all of my Manitou stuff no problem including 15 year old Swinger 3 way and my MRD Dorado.

Don't forget to include the Durolux and the DVO Onyx in your thinking. Both are top flite forks with very low reported incidences of creaking CSUs. Not surprising given they are made in the same factory.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
What @the drizzle said. Dougal at Shockcraft in NZ sorted a warranty issue for me a few years ago too. Was a painless experience.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk
Unfortunately Dougal (Shockcraft) is not doing warranty work for forks not purchased from him anymore. You can send them for repair but will be at cost. Servicing Manitou is pretty easy and Manitou have been good sending out parts for my Mattoc when I had issues. I have the DVO SC Onyx on my shortlist for my next bike and now comes as stock on the Ripmo I hope to get if I ever have the funds.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

Thanks
Let me know if you are interested in a near new DVO Onyx (29er 44mm offset 160-180 travel, blue lowers) with custom black dials. I know of a set coming up for sale very soon.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Let me know if you are interested in a near new DVO Onyx (29er 44mm offset 160-180 travel, blue lowers) with custom black dials. I know of a set coming up for sale very soon.
The blue would actually match my frame.

Are there any reviews out there? Can't seem to find any